X-BOX Megathread 2024

Ruki

36 months is the current limit, as far as I know.

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess comes out on Game Pass this week. The reviews have been quite positive. It wasn't really on my radar before, but I'm definitely keen to try it now.

If you want something pleasant, colourful and relaxing, Flock is a good shout. It's a game about finding and classifying imaginary animals, which you achieve by exploring the environment and working out the times of day they emerge, as well as the stimuli they require to be visible.

I think I'd most liken it to Pokemon Snap, but without the on-rails movement. It also triggers some of the feelings I got from Viva Pinata, but in a less demanding way.

I've been playing it solo, but you can also play it in co-op mode. I can definitely see it being a fun game to play with a child or adult.

State of Decay 2 have dropped their last update for the game, it's full of quality of life improvements and a few new features added.

They've updated how curveballs work and tailored for the user to pick how they want to play. Along with fixing a lot of annoying issue's. 

Now would be a good time for anyone wanting to give it a go. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Although it's a shame, I'm not all that bothered because I'll probably be giving STALKER 2 and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 a try in November, and there's also the matter of fitting in the Starfield expansion and Indiana Jones before the end of the year.

Finished Dread difficulty on State of Decay 2.

Managed to finish the playthrough last night. Insane how fun it was, challenging, how tactical I've become in the way of approaching situations and how it was an all around out and out survival playthrough really. It improved the game for me. Most fun in a while with the game. The updates have really improved how it was. 

My leader was a Red Talon Contractor with The Sheriff leader type. Think Rick Grimes. But we kill people quickly if their a threat the county. 

Helping the Enclaves was rewarding in a way, to be able to role play as someone helpful in Drucker County from Red Talon.

Trading partners that became helpful allies with contributions towards the community and being able to trade for whatever I needed or wanted. Recruitment we did from Enclaves was usually for very little prestige thankfully, as once allied it's a heck of a lot cheaper to do so, or even free to recruit.  

Smoke grenades and scent block should have been used a lot earlier by myself, but at least we never leave base without them now. 

Oh community death count we lost four good members. :( 

Mike's Concrete Warehouse made a fun base. It grew on me for the in house power generator, machine shop, fuel storage and how you could add whatever you needed. Took advantage of the two big outside slots for the medical tent and a lounge.

Outside we had the lavatory, with the rain catcher to provide water to the base. Which improved morale very quickly with these thing's. Base wide power and water without having to have outposts that do it, was a sound strategy. Plus it felt more zombie apocalypse to use the base to build item's. While I could add the builder boom once unlocked and activate it so you already have power and water, like I've done before, think that would not be as much fun as having to build it. 

Have carried on the playthrough and replaced the leader with a Warlord Type. Once that boon is unlocked, it will then be onto a forever community build or up the difficulty or play around with the settings for a new game.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Finished Dread difficulty on State of Decay 2.

I'm going to die a lot in Lethal Zone then. :(

Lethal Zone is insane by the looks of it.

Yet. It's a thing in the State of Decay fandom. Most content creators often play on the difficulty, make a challenge out of it. While I would love to give it a full go. I don't think I will. Know my limitations. Nightmare is probably my sweet spot. It would be fun though to have the blood ferals be able to added to Nightmare from Lethal difficulty. 

Probably best settings are Dread or Nightmare for playing difficulty, Dread or Nightmare for Community difficulty (Standard if you want less management of it), Dread for the Map difficulty.

As realised that human enemies are even tougher and difficult on Nightmare or Lethal, often a one shot or two shot kills to player character. Guess it wouldn't be as fun that way. 

But there's an easy way to make any map become very hard and then just lower the gameplay difficulty.

Brian Menard posts a lot of State of Decay content, playthroughs, walk-through and guides. So that helped me learn a lot more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

I (still) haven't given it a proper go, but he's the only guy I've ever watched when it comes to SoD content. I like him.

Hope you get chance to play it. Very much worth it.

He is a good content creator. Many who make content on SoD are decent to watch, and you end up learning a lot from them. Do prefer him myself also.  

There's a decent 100 day's survival in Lethal Zone, beat each map on Lethal with the same character challenge out there. That's not a bad watch along and some other fun content to watch. Along with the hints, tips and tricks video's.

If I see any fun stuff will shoot it along to you. 

Had the best time shooting a Juggernaut with a 50 cal killing it in two shots last night. Cost nothing to get the Anti Aircraft Prototype Gun from either Red Talon or The Network. Made the bullets at the base for it. The Crossbows are a decent back up for stealth situations or when you want to be Daryl Dixon. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so the positive is I'm really into the Star Wars game! :w00t:

The negative is you have to do that thing where you push in on the right stick to interact with anything. Well I must be the most interactiest fool walking today because it seems my right stick may have broke :( 

But all was not lost! There are alternate controls where you can switch interact to the X button! I'm saved! :w00t:

But! That switches melee to the right stick pressing and with all the stealth you have to do melee is very important. So I appear to be fucked :( 

• Sad 1