X-BOX Megathread 2024

Ruki

Watching the show now. I've never played one before but they made State of Decay 3 looks really good. I don't like the graphics choice they made but that will not stop me from getting super hyped for Dragon Age. Oh yeah that Starfield DLC I paid for is finally coming out! :lol: 

Expedition 33 has a cool story too and what the holy hell is this? A giant talking fish??? 

South of Midnight looks cool too as long as she doesn't narrate everything she does when the actual game comes out

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Watching the show now. I've never played one before but they made State of Decay 3 looks really good.

State of Decay Year One (current gen re-master of the original I believe?) and State of Decay 2 are on Game Pass, I remember thoroughly enjoying the first one. Can't hurt to give them a go in the run up!

15 hours ago, Your Mom said:

New Life is Strange!! So happy!! :crying:

So is the Gears of War game about the day the aliens showed up? That's actually kind of interesting

Yeah, E-Day is the day the Locust first emerged, I believe.

• Like 2

I've had SoD 2 (think it's the Juggernaut edition or whatever the complete one is called) in my library for ages but still never really given it a try despite watching a fair amount of gameplay on YouTube.

• Like 1

It's the perfect time to sink into SoD2 before SoD3. 

You can tailor it to what kind of difficulty you want. Have sunk many hours into since Christmas and having a blast with it each time. They have fun bounties that can unlock decent weapons and base stuff at the moment. The recent update they did has made it a lot more easy to play and survive. 

Building up the base, enclave relationships, learning and growing attached to survivors and ultimately losing some in higher difficulties of Dread to Lethal kept me engrossed to keep trying new communites on each map. Often learning new thing's and trying out new way's to survive is what keeps it going. 

Can't hurt to have a go at it before the sequel. 

• Like 2

Anyone played Callisto Protocol?

It went on Gamepass so figured I would give it a try. I heard mixed things about it but I’ve quite enjoyed it - don’t think I’d have paid full price for it though.

The graphics are absolutely beautiful, probably the best I’ve seen on the Series X which makes me wonder why other games could look like this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2024 at 22:41, TheGrandAvatar said:

It's the perfect time to sink into SoD2 before SoD3. 

You can tailor it to what kind of difficulty you want. Have sunk many hours into since Christmas and having a blast with it each time. They have fun bounties that can unlock decent weapons and base stuff at the moment. The recent update they did has made it a lot more easy to play and survive. 

Building up the base, enclave relationships, learning and growing attached to survivors and ultimately losing some in higher difficulties of Dread to Lethal kept me engrossed to keep trying new communites on each map. Often learning new thing's and trying out new way's to survive is what keeps it going. 

Can't hurt to have a go at it before the sequel. 

Dread to Lethal Zone are a challenge.

Attempted again to find a foot hold in each new save, only to lose two communities of three to different issue's, but due to the extreme difficulty settings in the last few day's. A lot of fun, and makes playing feel more dangerous, but yet making you think more and care about the character's.

There's a lot of fun Home Base Site's, and unique Outpost option's for each map. Often use a trader as the leader so I can get supply trader's to the base and trade on what I need or don't want anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that was them trying to do a second screen thing, probably hedging their bets in case the Wii U took off like the original.

• Thanks 1

I'm still paid up for like a year and a half so who knows how much it will cost by then but this might effect some of you right now. If you don't want to read the article the gist is Ultimate is going from $17 to $20 per month but there is a "Standard" membership for $15. However on that one you don't get Day One Microsoft games. This all starts in September when the new CoD comes out. Unfortunately for those of us not interested we are still helping to pay for it being on Game Pass

• Sad 1

My gamepass Ultimate is up in March. What's the cheapest way to stack the subscription now?

3 month keys are $40 instead of $55 on CDKeys, so I might do a bunch of those every two weeks until the change kicks in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I should think about stocking up more too. It's a service I can't imagine I'll ever want to cancel

I think the yearly cost is about 3-4 full priced games a year? I've gotten good use out of it close to that value (and with the recent Xbox showcase, I will be getting a lot more use), and my son uses it a ton. 

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

I literally don’t give a shit about Call of Duty. This is annoying.

So when it says no access to day-one games, what does that even mean? As in, ever? 

They will come to GamePass Standard eventually, but they don't specify when.

Do you think Microsoft has an entire team devoted to just making things as needlessly convoluted as possible?

• Like 1

So with the Gamepass price jumping, I've already bought 6 additional months. Cheapest price I've found was from https://www.kinguin.net/

After fees and shit, it came out to 24.58 euros, which is about $36 Canadian. When Amazon is selling 3 months for $55. 

How much are we allowed to stack currently? I am paid up until September 2025.