What Did You Watch Today? 2024 edition

GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching Hijack, starring Idris Elba, on Apple. Just started episode 4, and they still haven't explained why the bad guys hijacked the plane. Also, there's one bit where 

Spoiler

One of the hijackers won't let a guy give his uncle insulin, and even beat him up and kicked the medicine bag away. I'm hoping that's how the motherfucker gets taken out: they get the insulin and inject him with every last drop of it. 

Posted (edited)

Surface, on Apple. Slow in parts, but I still recommend it. Don't know when, but there is a second season coming at some point. 

Spoiler

The bad guy in NOT who you think it is/will be.

A Good Girl's Guide To Murder, on Netflix. Highly recommend it. It is based on a book, and I hope they adapt the rest of the series. Came out in the UK in July, Neflix August 1, so it might be a while.

Watched Palm Royale a while back. The first couple of episodes are meh, then it gets good. Shitty cliffhanger ending, so I can't wait for season two....whenever it comes out. 

Edited by GhostMachine

The Krabby family and I just went to Harold and the Purple Crayon and it was honestly really good. They nailed most of the characters, hit a pretty good story pace, and kept some restraint on the story's elements. A simple but thoughtful plot and a just a fun movie all around!

• 2 weeks later...

Got Mark Jenkin's 2019 film Bait on DVD for my birthday and re-watched it.

It's a film I love but on paper, it sounds way less fun than it is when you say it's about a struggling fisherman and the impact of tourism on a Cornish fishing village.