General Television Thread 2024

Bobfoc

Finally got round to watching Season 2 of Industry. The last few episodes feel like a show that has finally hit its stride, which matches up with all the critical acclaim for Season 3. The ensemble is really strong. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son asked what He-Man was, which led me to searching Masters of the Universe on Netflix and finding Masters of the Universe: Revelations. We’re watching the last of part one right now, and it’s great. Beautiful update to the old He-Man tapes I wore out as a kid. Now he wants to search out the action figures 🤦‍♂️

we finished our watch-through of Monk last night. It was my first time watching all the way through. I had watched Monk but hadn't ever watched it in sequence. It's not a show made for that in some ways because it's an episodic show for the most part.

Spoiler

I do think the season finale is a bit disjointed but ultimately a nice ending for the show. It's only become clear to me now upon reading through the Monk Wiki that there was foreshadowing that Judge Rickover was behind Trudy's death in season 7. I don't think there's a callback to that in the finale.

I think, if the show were made now you'd probably have gotten more than just an episode and a bit with Craig T Nelson. It's funny to see how quickely things wrap up like they're running out of time because they wanted to wrap up some loose ends.