Formula One 2024

Lineker

Red Bull dropped Gasly and Albon for far less than this, made a right mess for themselves by renewing his deal.

Russell out I'm Q1 as well, that's a surprise. Alpine sat on the back row because they just...didn't send them back out to do a lap, par for the course with that team.

48 minutes ago, Lineker said:

The new Perez must surely have an easier to activate break clause surely.

The rumour is it activates if he is 100+ points adrift of Verstappen by the summer break...which uhh starts tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Adam said:

The rumour is it activates if he is 100+ points adrift of Verstappen by the summer break...which uhh starts tomorrow.

100+ points or more than 5 positions behind in the championship. If true he'll be gone before the next GP.

One thing I had forgotten during the past two seasons of dominance is that when Max isn't winning he endlessly complains about everything.

Not the only one of course, and I guess it gets amplified by how often the F1 directors play his radio messages.

• Like 5

On the flip side, Crofty's mocking "he stayed up late doing sim races so he's cranky" rhetoric is getting quite tiresome. Let people do what they want to in their free time, it's not like he hasn't done it endless times before.

Anyway, this McLaren drama is going to be interesting. I don't think Lando is going to move over.

• Like 1

I can see this both ways, but Piastri has gone off the track twice and is lapping slower than Norris. Why should he let him by?

8 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

On the flip side, Crofty's mocking "he stayed up late doing sim races so he's cranky" rhetoric is getting quite tiresome. Let people do what they want to in their free time, it's not like he hasn't done it endless times before.

Anyway, this McLaren drama is going to be interesting. I don't think Lando is going to move over.

I was glad when Ted pointed out that he won the Grand Prix last time he stayed up late sim racing. Croft had a sparky response back, I have never liked him or his commentary style. Very Grandad-like to keep harping on about Max staying up gaming.

• Like 3

It's times like these that you can see the benefits of why Red Bull have Perez instead of going after someone like Sainz, it's certainly less of a headache when the two cars are at different ends of the grid.