Formula One 2024

Lineker

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

I hate this news, Dorna isn't perfect by even the loosest of definitions but I would rather not Liberty get their grubby mitts on another sport because I have zero faith things would be the same after a Liberty takeover, let alone better.

MotoGP is in a great place sportingly, and knowing Liberty they will probably fuck it up by kicking out all the exciting privateers (who can actually thrive in MotoGP, unlike barely survive or be stonewalled trying to get into F1) and trying to instead make it a purely constructor filled wankfest that goes to Miami, Vegas, Saudi Arabia, and so on for financial wankfests that add zero to the actual sport.

There's part of me that wants to take on the challenge of staying up to watch WrestleMania Saturday and going straight through to watch the Japanese GP at 6am as well.

There's another part of me reminding me that I'm 37, and should probably stop trying to do this now.

• Haha 2

In case anyone else is yet to watch it, the Brawn GP documentary on Disney+ fronted by Keanu Reeves is fantastic. A proper deep-dive into the 2009 season and that whole crazy story, I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I still think Antonelli might get a year at Williams first, but I say that with no answer to who would get the Mercedes seat instead.

Based on how Fernando's past decisions have worked out, particularly involving Honda, I think we can use this as evidence that Aston Martin will not be competitive in 2026.

Australia is back in the season-opener slot for 2025, with Bahrain and Saudi Arabia delayed due to Ramadan. Melbourne should be first on the calendar every year in my opinion, and it'll be weird to see Japan even earlier than it was this year.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Adam said:

Australia is back in the season-opener slot for 2025, with Bahrain and Saudi Arabia delayed due to Ramadan. Melbourne should be first on the calendar every year in my opinion, and it'll be weird to see Japan even earlier than it was this year.

It will be the first of four times when Melbourne is contractually guaranteed to host the opening race until 2032.

Does that mean they won't be doing testing at Bahrain either then?

Also that Canada in the middle of the European leg annoys me. I know it's pretty much always been there and speaking from experience being outside in Montreal any other time of year isn't much fun but that doesn't make it any less silly.

I'm so glad I don't work Fridays - what a chaotic, amazing Sprint Quali session.

There's nothing better than when it starts raining mid-qualifying. Just a shame the Sprint race is at 4am UK time.

• Like 1

Honestly with the hyper-reliable nature of modern F1 that's never going to get worse again, it'd be better to just give every single finishing position points. With maybe the only exceptions being DNF's.

There's going to be traditionalists that will hate the idea, but other series have it implemented for years and it has often led to a longer more interesting title race.

Either that or give the first place 0 points so there's a constant fight for #2. :lol: