Euro 2024

Lineker

It's a penalty. It's a clear foul. Just because Kane skied the shot doesn't mean he's not fouled afterwards. I'm surprised it's a penalty purely because I feel like we've seen fouls happen in the box every match that are after the shot that are never called a penalty. It's a clear foul if that was at midfield.

It's decisions like that which make the concept of defending itself pointless. If you're not allowed to challenge for the ball because your leg might get kicked by the opponent afterwards, you may as well instigate a one metre zone around every attacking player that isn't allowed to be breached. At which point the rules are turning into netball.

Anyway, I'll never be sad of Harry scoring a goal to keep the detractors at bay for another game.

That was superb defending to keep the ball out which has gone somewhat unmentioned by this not particularly impartial commentary team. Even Ally is being swayed by the Matterface/Dixon clown show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

England really seem to have come to life. If it turns out Harold Wilson was correct when he said England only win things under a Labour government remind me to vote Conservative at the next election.

It's their tactic. Look bad until it's the knockout rounds, that or they are playing better because of that. :lol:

A better 45 minute's from England.  Good game so far.

Lee Dixon claiming that "Southgate has made changes" - subs in the 80th minute when England are 1-0 down really don't count Lee, unless you're deliberately missing the point which I'd guess you are.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Lee Dixon claiming that "Southgate has made changes" - subs in the 80th minute when England are 1-0 down really don't count Lee, unless you're deliberately missing the point which I'd guess you are.

But...those changes worked both times he did it.

• Like 1