Euro 2024

Lineker

I just don't get, with the talent in the squad as well as the numbers some of them have put up this season, why you'd be setting yourself up in virtually every game the way they are

Bellingham/Kane/Saka/Palmer/Foden/Watkins have put up some of the highest goal contributions across the 5 big leagues and yet the team is set up like the plucky underdogs. 

Give them freedom, get the best out of them rather than a boring as fuck rigid 4231 with no sense of urgency or creativity.

It's so frustrating to watch. Get Mike Bassett in...go 4-4-fucking 2

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

I just don't get, with the talent in the squad as well as the numbers some of them have put up this season, why you'd be setting yourself up in virtually every game the way they are

Bellingham/Kane/Saka/Palmer/Foden/Watkins have put up some of the highest goal contributions across the 5 big leagues and yet the team is set up like the plucky underdogs. 

Give them freedom, get the best out of them rather than a boring as fuck rigid 4231 with no sense of urgency or creativity.

It's so frustrating to watch. Get Mike Bassett in...go 4-4-fucking 2

I genuinely think this might be Golden Generation syndrome. Insistence on shoe-horning the bigger names into the starting eleven rather than what actually works. Replace Lampard and Gerrard with Bellingham and Foden, for example. Just an insistence on playing the names, not a squad.