Euro 2024

Lineker

8 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Somewhere in the world someone is currently saying "you know back when men were men we played through lightning. One of my mates got struck and we just played around his convulsing body. Game's gone."

Looks like they're getting ready to come back on.

Disallowed Germany goal, Thor shows up...advantage Denmark!

8 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Somewhere in the world someone is currently saying "you know back when men were men we played through lightning. One of my mates got struck and we just played around his convulsing body. Game's gone."

Different wording obviously but I already heard that at the pub. Someone replied with a "Oh Shut Up". He did not and kept going.

32 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Germany feel like a team that will go out against a better attacking side. I just don't trust them at the back. They're still one of the top 3, 4 teams in the tournament of course.

I think Germany's success will depend on how much the likes of France, Spain and Portugal improve from the group stages. At their best, those three teams should have enough to get past Germany.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adam said:

I really enjoyed the discussion on ITV post-match with Christina Unkel about the VAR decisions. Their coverage has been so much better than BBC this tournament.

I missed last night, but in the Portugal game the other night she was just standard Halsey/Walton "back up whatever decision the ref makes", which given that was no decision in the first half and a VAR intervention in the second half got compliments from "I hate VAR" Ange at half time and pelters at full time...

36 minutes ago, Colly said:

I missed last night, but in the Portugal game the other night she was just standard Halsey/Walton "back up whatever decision the ref makes", which given that was no decision in the first half and a VAR intervention in the second half got compliments from "I hate VAR" Ange at half time and pelters at full time...

Well with this, the panel were discussing how crap the VAR decisions were - and Christina articulated very well why the officials had gotten the decisions correct to the letter of the law, even if those laws aren't great. The issue on this one was with the handball law and this snickometer business they're using that and the marginal offside.

I'd feel very aggrieved if I were Denmark but it's not on Michael Oliver and Stuart Attwell, this one. VAR is re-refereeing games (as Ange said on the broadcast) and there's a big discussion to be had about what this technology is even for, if not to go back and make miniscule decisions flip. But Christina Unkel was a big plus to this panel chat about it all, in my opinion, and I enjoyed the back-and-forth between her, Ange and Mark Pougatch. Keane & Wrighty were also there.

If the rumoured lineup for our game today is true and it's just a straight Mainoo swap into the Trent/Gallagher slot, we might genuinely get dumped out by Slovakia.

What is the point of having brought the likes of Gordon and Palmer if youre only going to give them bit-parts when the team is clearly crying out for a change?

Honestly think the addition of Mainoo should just be enough, he's far more likely to get involved going forward than the previous two and seemed to link up well with the pkayers further forward. Gordon and Palmer absolutely need more time than last game though.