Euro 2024

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Imagine having a squad that includes Kane, Bellingham, Palmer and Saka and only scoring one goal in nearly 270 minutes.

Come on now, that's unfair. They've scored twice. Granted, that's less than 12 other teams, and the same as 10 others. Only Serbia have scored less.

(Unless you're counting since Bellingham's goal against Serbia).

6 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

England have won two of their last eight matches. The only two of those opponents who could be considered world class are Brazil and Belgium, with the other failures to win coming against North Macedonia, Iceland, Denmark and Slovenia.

The longer he spends as manager the worse we look.

Assuming this is Southgate's last major tournament, who would be a good replacement? If the FA insists on an English manager again, how would Graham Potter get on? Depressing as it is to say, I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Lampard or Gerrard on the flimsy justification that they "know how to play at the highest level".

18 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It's actually a shame that England scored that goal against Serbia. If they hadn't, all the group matches would have been draws and everyone would have finished on three points.

World cup 1990. Replace Serbia with Egypt . You can keep everything else in that sentence. 

They improved with the knockout rounds back then, so there's hope. You just need Southgate to channel his inner Bobby Robson. 

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Assuming this is Southgate's last major tournament, who would be a good replacement? If the FA insists on an English manager again, how would Graham Potter get on? Depressing as it is to say, I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Lampard or Gerrard on the flimsy justification that they "know how to play at the highest level".

I hear Alan Curbishley is available.

18 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't think it happens (and there's a bias here) but I think Eddie Howe would be the best option. Don't see him leaving Newcastle so early in his run but I think he'd have this team playing at a world class level.