Euro 2024

Lineker

14 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Landon Donovan has an absolutely terrible voice for broadcasting but don't worry, he also has takes that are so bad that Ian Darke is now openly going "wait, really?" at them on commentary!

Ian Darke is just as terrible. The guy doesn't even seem to know the rules of the game half the time.

• Like 1

Yeah, Darke is also just there because he's a name Americans who don't really care about soccer outside of the World Cup recognize, and basically all Fox cares about is pandering to that audience. But I just think Donovan's a way more inexplicable inclusion except for I guess the first half of this post.

• Like 1

I'm yet to be convinced what purpose the snick-o-meter serves in a football match. I'm half expecting a hawkeye system to come in to track where the ball was going to determine what's an own goal.

Anyway, this game is another entertaining one.

Germany have scored, although there looks like there was a foul in the build up.

Someone more intelligent than me will need to explain why Germany are considered the away team in that game.