Euro 2024

Lineker

Take heart, England fans. In the last Euros you played terrible and lost 0-0 to Scotland in your second game but went on to reach the final. It could happen again.

As long as you don’t get drawn against any good teams.

Is it a coincidence that it's the English officials taking forever on VAR when they've all gone relatively quickly every other time?

Hate that I've just agreed with Jermaine Jenas of all people. <_<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colly said:

Jenas is fucking terrible.

He somehow got worse. "If it takes this long then its a goal". No Jermaine, it was ruled offside on the pitch.

• Haha 1

I personally don't think Maignan was saving that no matter what, but with the call on the field being offsides, there was absolutely no way you could say the linesman got the call "clear and obviously wrong". Call had to stand.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Bit harsh that. I'm not sure he was involved in the play at all.

He was offsides, and pretty much in a spot that prevented Maignan from trying to dive to make a save, is essentially what's being said. I agree that it's harsh, but there's just no way you can say the linesman made a clear and obvious error.

When you see it back, the ball nearly hits Dumfries so you can't argue he isn't in play. And he's clearly offside. It's nothing to do with impeding Maignan's dive either, he's simply offside and interfering with play.

Very unfortunate for the Dutch, but a correct decision.

Landon Donovan has an absolutely terrible voice for broadcasting but don't worry, he also has takes that are so bad that Ian Darke is now openly going "wait, really?" at them on commentary!