Euro 2024

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Rice and TAA don't seem to compliment each other at all. Don't think either of them have played well.

I think Rice has played really well, his ability to recover the ball is top drawer.

It's not working with Trent though. He isn't secure in possession, which is the main thing you need in that position. I'd much rather have Wharton or Mainoo in there, experience be damned.

Kane and Foden have barely seen the ball so far.

Why has it only just dawned on me how much Jordan Pickford looks like Ilya Dragunov.

I have to think Serbia are working so hard they will tire soon, and I think their best chances to score have been and gone.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

England and Serbia "fans" clashing in Gelsenkirchen.

For whatever's it worth 7 Serbia fans arrested, no England fans.

5 hours ago, lanky316 said:

I know footballs changed and I wouldn't have Weghorst down as top tier striker but there's something about always having "big lump to get on the end of something" available.  The Dutch wasted a lot of chances that could have put it to bed but it was a close battle either way. Still been generally decent balanced games so presumably one of the two today are going to be shit, probably England grinding out a 1-0 but so far it's been a good tournament.

Nailed it

• Like 1

I was about to say how both teams seemed very good at getting the ball downfield, and terrible at creating chances.

So I guess Ukraine helping Romania with that, followed by an unstoppable shot, was the only option.

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

both teams seemed very good at getting the ball downfield, and terrible at creating chances.

I can't see the match while at work but at least Mudryk feels at home.

4 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Ah the ol' up 3-0 despite only having 30% possession game for Romania.

Maybe I'm just contrary but I respect that kind of gameplay 1000 times more than the now-standard "if we increase our possession another 5% on average then the statistics say we're more likely to win games" crowd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

Maybe I'm just contrary but I respect that kind of gameplay 1000 times more than the now-standard "if we increase our possession another 5% on average then the statistics say we're more likely to win games" crowd.

I'm not opposed to it, lot of fun to watch when it actually works out.

Good footwork there to stay onside, thought at first glance he hadn't been able to check himself but timed that just right with a neat finish. Lively start again.

As a side note, I hope that Belgium don't do any attacking. Can't actually tell the Slovakian goalkeeper apart from the defenders due to a colour clash!

Edited by lanky316

Trossard was shockingly bad for Belgium. Just ridiculously selfish on the ball. Twice he made the dumbest decisions when a simple pass would have given Lukaku or a teammate a shot with only the defender on the goal line.