Football Manager 2024

Lineker

Men never fluctuate in weight. Men are forever the same.

Not like those silly women with their boobs and their periods and their whatever elses. Coding for women is hard.

Weight has almost no bearing on the game at all (it may influence the likelihood of having higher strength), height increases the chances of having higher jumping reach.

Zealand is streaming right now and made an interesting point - in his pre-creator career he was a sports broadcastet and in all his time as one, the weights of female players in sports teams he covered were never listed. And that Chelsea don't list weights for men's players on their website right now either, so there's plenty of good reasons to point to for why getting rid of it can be a thing, Miles just didn't list him.

I'm skipping 25 definitely. I mean, it's not like I buy every single one anyway, I'm still playing fm21, but I was actually considering 25. No international management settles it for me. I'll probably get 24 tomorrow since it's free, although there's a possibility I'll just keep playing 21 anyway.

About the weight issue. The fact they decided women's weight fluctuating is complicated is hilarious. I wish my weight was as stable as they seem to think men's weights are. Regardless, it does change. I always noticed how some of my players always arrived to training fatter in August. Damn those Caribbean exclusive resorts.

I don’t do international management really. So I don’t reaaaally care but realistically it did need a big focus and refresh.. however it’s basically now a swap for women’s leagues which if he thinks the 5% of international managers was low just wait till he reviews next years data. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Summers said:

I don’t do international management really. So I don’t reaaaally care but realistically it did need a big focus and refresh.. however it’s basically now a swap for women’s leagues which if he thinks the 5% of international managers was low just wait till he reviews next years data. 

TBH I think we might be pleasantly surprised, given that it'll be as simple as adding a league to a save.

SI's reasoning for getting rid of weight essentially invites a silly reaction from people, but the weight attribute is silly in of itself. 48% of players in the FM database has a weight of 0, meaning the game generates a weight for them, and some of that 48% (well over 200,000 players) includes well known players like Noni Madueke, Nico Williams and Anthony Gordon.

For the other 52%, we don't really know how accurate the weight figure is anyway, because clubs don't put that out there. I couldn't tell you with any accuracy what weight Marcus Rashford is, because it's not on Man Utd's website, it's not on Englands or the Premier League's, or Wikipedia or even something like transfrmarkt. It is on fbref and soccerbase and some of those ai generated garbage website like healthy celebs or whatever, but it's different figures (69.84 kg, 70kg, and 75kg respectively), and that's a prominent player famous around the world.

Plymouth just signed a player called Rami Al Hajj from Od in Denmark, and there's even less information on his weight - of the sites I listed above only fbref has a weight for him, 73kg. FM says his weight is 75kg. Tis a silly stat that adds nothing to the game.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

SI's reasoning for getting rid of weight essentially invites a silly reaction from people, but the weight attribute is silly in of itself. 48% of players in the FM database has a weight of 0, meaning the game generates a weight for them, and some of that 48% (well over 200,000 players) includes well known players like Noni Madueke, Nico Williams and Anthony Gordon.

For the other 52%, we don't really know how accurate the weight figure is anyway, because clubs don't put that out there. I couldn't tell you with any accuracy what weight Marcus Rashford is, because it's not on Man Utd's website, it's not on Englands or the Premier League's, or Wikipedia or even something like transfrmarkt. It is on fbref and soccerbase and some of those ai generated garbage website like healthy celebs or whatever, but it's different figures (69.84 kg, 70kg, and 75kg respectively), and that's a prominent player famous around the world.

Plymouth just signed a player called Rami Al Hajj from Od in Denmark, and there's even less information on his weight - of the sites I listed above only fbref has a weight for him, 73kg. FM says his weight is 75kg. Tis a silly stat that adds nothing to the game.

I agree, which makes Miles' "Those wimmin and their silly week-to-week hormonal weight shifts" implication all the more stupid.

26 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

they should've just said it's that the weight attribute doesn't contribute anything meaningful and it is difficult to obtain the information so we just decided to remove it rather than say a silly thing

• Like 2

I reject this whole idea of “oh the clubs don’t make this info public so we’re never going to know how heavy they are”. We can measure the mass of stars but they don’t step onto scales for us and put their info on their website. Instead we look at how light is bent by their gravitational pull. I don’t see why we can’t do the same with Marcus Rashford or the new Plymouth signing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I'm a football genius but is FM24 significantly easier than previous versions?

I picked it up from Epic while it was free, started an unemployed game and was appointed Marbella FC manager in late November 23, with them being 15th in the Spanish 4th division. Set up a pretty basic 4-2-3-1 and my record so far is played 27, won 22, drew 3 and lost 2, scoring 88 goals in the process. The 2 defeats were in the cup to top division Getafe and 2-1 in the playoff second leg when I played the kids after winning the first leg 4-0. Missed out on the league title by a point but strolled through the promotion playoffs.

On 16/09/2024 at 18:08, Gazz said:

Obviously I'm a football genius but is FM24 significantly easier than previous versions?

I picked it up from Epic while it was free, started an unemployed game and was appointed Marbella FC manager in late November 23, with them being 15th in the Spanish 4th division. Set up a pretty basic 4-2-3-1 and my record so far is played 27, won 22, drew 3 and lost 2, scoring 88 goals in the process. The 2 defeats were in the cup to top division Getafe and 2-1 in the playoff second leg when I played the kids after winning the first leg 4-0. Missed out on the league title by a point but strolled through the promotion playoffs.

I had this exact same thought about the Switch version. Started unemployed, took the Swindon job and effortlessly won league two. Extreme top-right outliers in basically all metrics.