General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

44 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Really? I enjoy the daily Gamescast. I don't listen everyday, but usually do 2-3 shows a week. Generally prefer them to Gamesdaily

I just preferred when I could do one a week covering Playstation and that was it. I'm maybe becoming too old and grumpy for it too as the shouting gets to me too. 😂

Kunistu-Gami is enjoyable so far. The game is a mixture of hack-and-slash combat and RTS/tower defence, with a bit of base-building thrown in. Someone described it as a remaster of a PS2 game that never existed, which seems accurate to me. I would recommend giving it a go if you have a GamePass subscription.

• Like 2

Been playing Dragon's Dogma 2 recently and it's pretty fun (with a decent amount of jank). It's really cool to climb on the back of monsters and just stab the shit out of them! I climbed on the back of a griffon who threw me off and I fell off a cliff and died instantly. 

Also neat is people recruiting your pawn. I had someone take my pawn on an adventure, and she returned with fancy armor and a powerful hammer!

• Like 1

Stupid Dragon's Dogma 2.... I was on my way to a mission and then a griffon attacked. I jumped on it's back and it flew off way aways from where I was going. Then we almost killed it but it ran away! One cool thing though is that I fell off of it, but one of the pawns caught me so I didn't die.

• Like 2

I’m absolutely obsessed with tetris lately, I’ve sunk 21 hours into Tetris Effect in the last 4 days. Just doubled my high score in endless marathon and hit 2.2 million and I’m so glad I didn’t score any higher because my steam deck died like 5 minutes later!! The game took 75 minutes total. Damn.

• Like 4

So, this week, while staying in a hotel room and looking to move into my new house, I platinumed Paradise Killer.

Absolutely fantastic game. Loved it. Weird as heck. But I looooved it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, apsham said:

I've essentially 100%'d that game twice - once on Switch and once on Xbox. Love it to death and so happy the devs are finally making a new game even if it's not in the same series.

Who did you end up pinning it all on?

Spoiler

I pinned it all on Carmelina, Yuri and Danonigate. 

Pretty sure Sam and Lydia had a big part in it, but wherever possible I just kept spinning it back to Yuri. I thought Sam and Lydia deserved their happy ending, and Yuri was such a dick.

I did feel bad for Akiko though. She was just protecting her soliders. But she still had to go down with the others.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Who did you end up pinning it all on?

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Same for one run, entirely based on the facts another time. And so guess technically on Henry once for the speed run achievement.

5 hours ago, apsham said:
  Hide contents

Same for one run, entirely based on the facts another time. And so guess technically on Henry once for the speed run achievement.

Spoiler

Speed Run is Henry by neccesity.

Even on my first run though, after proving Henry's innocence, I still went and shot him afterwards. Just to make sure. XD

Was tempted to exile Sam/Lydia but wanted them to get a happy ending. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ace said:
  Hide contents

Speed Run is Henry by neccesity.

Even on my first run though, after proving Henry's innocence, I still went and shot him afterwards. Just to make sure. XD

Was tempted to exile Sam/Lydia but wanted them to get a happy ending. 

Spoiler

One thing is for sure. Every time I play or think of that game...

It takes about 2 weeks to get...

OH RED SKIES

WHERE LOVE DIES

Out of my head.

• Like 1