General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

I never played 2, but I did play Origins and Inquisition. I wouldn't hesitate at all to call Origins my favourite of the two because I liked the classic CRPG style more than Inquisition's more MMORPG-like systems. Inquisition had its moments, although the overreliance on the open world fetch quests got a bit tedious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I never played 2, but I did play Origins and Inquisition. I wouldn't hesitate at all to call Origins my favourite of the two because I liked the classic CRPG style more than Inquisition's more MMORPG-like systems. Inquisition had its moments, although the overreliance on the open world fetch quests got a bit tedious.

Yeah, the MMO style quests (I am the hero of the realm, why am I transporting a cow across the country?!) really soured me on Inquisition. From some snippits I read on Reddit today it sounds like that won't be the case as much anymore. A much more curated experience. 

30 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I will buy the mega special ultra edition. I don't even care. I am so desperate for the old Bioware to come back

Probably going to do that for my wife. She only gets into a game once every few years and she goes HARD on the game. (Recently was: BG3, Animal Crossing, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Overwatch. Before then was the Bioware classics)

• Like 1

Origins is the gold standard of dark RPG for me. The second is a fun but shallow romp. Inquisition is good but feels very generic. Hoping the new game has the atmosphere and world of the first, the battle speed of the second, and the... finishing the story of the third :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get through God Of War Ragnarok, but it's really just not clicking with me the same way the original did. I just did a very long mission playing as Atreus and ultimately fighting a giant and escaping from her home, and I'm not sure how much more the game has but that segment bored me to tears. Think I may have to chalk this one up to "I tried it."

So they're remastering Dead Rising...again.

Which on some level I am happy about because I love this franchise and don't want it to die off, which it essentially did after DR4. Recasting the voice of Frank West isn't deal but whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it. But, they already did a remaster even if it was back in 2016. If they were remaking it like Demons Souls PS5 that'd be one thing but it seems like it's going to just be another new lick of paint, maybe spruce it up to 4K with some HDR or whatever. At that point, can we not just have a new title? Even if it's just a reboot, I guess I'm just wary no one's going to buy another remaster and they'll just use that as an excuse to say that no one's interest and stick it in their vault forever more.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, King Ellis said:

So they're remastering Dead Rising...again.

Which on some level I am happy about because I love this franchise and don't want it to die off, which it essentially did after DR4. Recasting the voice of Frank West isn't deal but whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it. But, they already did a remaster even if it was back in 2016. If they were remaking it like Demons Souls PS5 that'd be one thing but it seems like it's going to just be another new lick of paint, maybe spruce it up to 4K with some HDR or whatever. At that point, can we not just have a new title? Even if it's just a reboot, I guess I'm just wary no one's going to buy another remaster and they'll just use that as an excuse to say that no one's interest and stick it in their vault forever more.

I just want them to bring back Breath of Fire.

• Like 2

I hate how good Zenless Zone Zero is looking. It has such a cool vibe/style. But free game, there's gotta be so much grinding and 100 different currencies. 

Picked up Disco Elysium for £3.49. Played for 3 hours. Died from punching a metal door. Found out that my last 'autosave' was from something like the first 15 minutes of the game.

Fucking hell.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Picked up Disco Elysium for £3.49. Played for 3 hours. Died from punching a metal door. Found out that my last 'autosave' was from something like the first 15 minutes of the game.

Fucking hell.

The game is fucking fantastic.

I remember my first play through I died sitting on an uncomfortable chair. 

Mortal Kombat 1 being on sale for like $45 for the premium edition made me want to give it a shot and it's definitely a great addition to the series. I do really enjoy the Kameos too, especially cool to see Mavado back after so long. 

Although it'll be best played on PC, Planet Coaster 2 has been announced and will be coming to all systems simultaneously.

Lots of improvements and different things. One cool feature that's been talked about is multiplayer (asynchronous by the looks of it) and the workshop will also be cross platform as well. I'm not sure how the multiplayer will work but it'll be cool to share things.

The website also mentions a Franchise Mode, I'm curious on exactly how this will work, this is in Planet Zoo and allows you to breed and trade animals to different players worldwide, how that will work with theme parks I don't know but it's going to be an interesting few months for fans of management sims!

• Like 1

On 11/07/2024 at 23:26, Ruki said:

Just curious, would anyone have an interest in Fantasy Critic next year? Listening to Kinda Funny Games talk about their own league makes me feel like I am missing out. 

https://www.fantasycritic.games/

I'd be down, even if I'd end up being the Roger of the group.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2024 at 23:26, Ruki said:

Just curious, would anyone have an interest in Fantasy Critic next year? Listening to Kinda Funny Games talk about their own league makes me feel like I am missing out. 

https://www.fantasycritic.games/

Hate that they've moved everything to a daily podcast now, ended up unsubscribing.