Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

A point against Leicester secures us 5th on goal difference. Something that at one point didn't look likely. 

Was hoping Wolves may prove a difficult game but hopefully Bournemouth/Chelsea/Fulham can take some points off; dependant on us winning every game. 

I think the vultures will circle round Southampton. JWP will have plenty of suitors and youngsters like Lavia will attract interest 

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think the vultures will circle round Southampton. JWP will have plenty of suitors and youngsters like Lavia will attract interest 

I overheard a postgame interview when JWP was asked, basically twice, about his future and he avoided any attempt at saying he planned to stay at Southampton. Didn't say he would leave, but seemed to know he couldn't say he wanted to remain there since that wasn't true.

Whatever happens now, cannot be prouder of this group of players. They have exceeded expectations by some distance this season. It’s a group of young, hungry players and they will only get better.

Sprinkle in some added experience in the summer (Rice hopefully), and we can challenge again next season.

They have given Arsenal fans hope again and also a squad to be proud of who are all pulling in the same direction. It’s a good time to be an Arsenal fan. 

• Like 3

Brighton have been the strangest team in the league recently. In the last six games, they've beaten Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal, as well as obliterating Wolves, but also lost to Forest and got stuffed at home against Everton.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Brighton have been the strangest team in the league recently. In the last six games, they've beaten Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal, as well as obliterating Wolves, but also lost to Forest and got stuffed at home against Everton.

They've provided a lot of upsets to the usual top performing team's. Which surprised me. If they can make sure to win those game's they've lost this season and should have won. Who knows how high they could go. Would say while a strange season. It's one of interest for sure at Brighton. 6th isn't too bad. Considering I would have put them to be lower in the table at the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Whatever happens now, cannot be prouder of this group of players. They have exceeded expectations by some distance this season. It’s a group of young, hungry players and they will only get better.

Sprinkle in some added experience in the summer (Rice hopefully), and we can challenge again next season.

They have given Arsenal fans hope again and also a squad to be proud of who are all pulling in the same direction. It’s a good time to be an Arsenal fan. 

I'm very curious as to whether Arsenal Fan TV or whatever it's called shares the same sentiments...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

They've provided a lot of upsets to the usual top performing team's. Which surprised me. If they can make sure to win those game's they've lost this season and should have won. Who knows how high they could go. Would say while a strange season. It's one of interest for sure at Brighton. 6th isn't too bad. Considering I would have put them to be lower in the table at the start of the season. 

The problem for Brighton is they will lose MacAllister this summer, and very likely Caicedo as well. While you would expect Enciso, Ferguson, and even Mitoma to just keep getting better, losing their top two midfielders should hurt them, in theory. Enciso and Bouanette are there to replace MacAllister, but it's not like last summer where Caicedo was already there to replace Bissouma. 

• Like 1

It still annoys me. This to me doesn't feel like a Leicester where Kante, Mahrez and Vardy somehow dragged a team containing Danny Simpson to a league title, this Brighton side could genuinely be great. Unless any of them go to Man City they'll be competing for exactly the same thing that Brighton will be aiming for anyway, and they're  strengthening well already.

• Like 1

Can we talk about how shite the standard of officiating is when a linesman in the Arsenal game tried to flag offside on a throw in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I wish more players would stay at clubs on the rise instead of moving to the established moneybags clubs. It would make things a lot more interesting.

I can't really fault a player if there's an opportunity for higher wages elsewhere. One horror tackle and that could be the end of a career. But it is really disappointing as a fan when these players go from starring on likeable, smaller clubs to being part of a giant club.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Can we talk about how shite the standard of officiating is when a linesman in the Arsenal game tried to flag offside on a throw in 

I liked the one from the Leeds game the other week when everyone on the pitch forgot there'd been a backpass when the keeper picked it up. 

Absolutely love seeing this great form from Curtis Jones since getting a consistent run in the starting XI. He's been having consistently good performances, scoring goals, creating chances, and linking play really well. So many "fans" would slander him anytime he started or came off the bench. Bet that's not happening much now.

Be amazed if he plays again, he's got knees that make Ledley King look like an Olympic Triple Jumper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Be amazed if he plays again, he's got knees that make Ledley King look like an Olympic Triple Jumper.

Yeah but he's got the face of Sloth, so I really hope if he does retire, he gets into punditry. What a face! ❤️

• Haha 1

Georiginio Rutter finally scored...for the U21s. Excellent use of 35m there, lads.

At least they'll be in the Premier League next season. :shifty:

• Haha 1