Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

We got a point but it's the 6th game in a row or something like that in the league in which we've fell behind 

We conceded a stupid goal of a counter despite dominating the first half but lacking the final finish/touch

Our striker decided to headbutt someone

Diaz scored a worldie out of nothing. 

Not ideal....2 points from 6. But think we just didn't have that bit of luck that we needed. Definetly not over as we were miles behind in the title race last season and took it the last day but we've got little momentum. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baddar said:

lol Nunez. 3 mis-hit shots, 1 headbutt, 1 red card. Welcome to the PL.

Poor man's Tino Asprilla. Mind you I'm sure they'll be happy if he scores a hat trick against Barca.

2 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Yeah, that was stupid by Nunez. Anderson is absolutely a little bitch for how he oversold that, but that's to be expected. Nunez lost his head and red was the only decision he gave the ref.

DIAZ GOLAZO!!!!

Anderson being a "little bitch" was a direct result of Nunez being a cunt, but that said being headbutted really does hurt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Anderson being a "little bitch" was a direct result of Nunez being a cunt, but that said being headbutted really does hurt

Yeah, I know. I've actually been headbutted. One look at Anderson's Flair flop is a great way to show it didn't hurt him one bit.

I think you can chalk a lot of what happened with Nunez to his youth and inexperience in the Premier League tbh

He's 23 years old, a big signing at a big club and his first home game isnt going well. He lost his cool up against a defender who (and i dont know what the Portuguese league is like) maybe it was a bit more physical than Nunez is used to? He seemed very aggrieved at something the defender was doing.

Does that excuse him? No. But he can use this as a learning experience. He has the right set of people around him at the club to help him learn from it.

Id be more concerned with the fact Liverpool keep conceding the first goal in games for whatever reason.

Anderson played a blinder. Wound him up and got a reaction out of him. Just classic defending really. Played physically and got in his head. He didn't do anything wrong and now he's probably allowed a lot of other teams know that you can get in Nunez's head. 

He did something stupid. He got rightfully sent off and he'll hopefully get rightfully bollocked for it and learn from it. 

Thing is, I didn't think he was doing too badly but it was evident at the same time the players are learning about him and he's learning about his team mates. He nearly scuffed one in and one yard the other side of the post and he'd be 2 in 2. 

Just one of them, we'll move on from it. Hopefully Firmino and Jota are fit soon and if not suppose Salah will go down the middle and maybe someone goes wide right. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62563500

Crystal Palace defender Joachim Andersen says he has received 300-400 abusive messages on Instagram after he was involved in an incident that saw Liverpool's Darwin Nunez sent-off.

Nunez was shown a red card after 57 minutes of Monday's 1-1 draw when he reacted to a shove from Andersen with a headbutt that floored the Dane.

Andersen posted examples of the abuse, some of which included death threats.

He has called on Instagram and the Premier League to act.

"Got maybe 3-400 of these messages last night," The 26-year-old said. "I understand you support a team but have some respect and stop act tough online."

He added: "Hope Instagram and the Premier League do something about this."

Palace are set to speak to Andersen to offer support.

BBC Sport understands the Premier League is aware of the abuse and is going to speak to Palace.

In June it was announced that people convicted of football-related online hate crime can now receive banning orders that stop them from attending matches.

A 2021 PFA study found 44% of Premier League players received abuse online.

While Ofcom analysis of 2.3 million tweets in the first half of last season found nearly 60,000 abusive posts, affecting seven in 10 top-flight players.

In March, the Premier League said it had opened more than 400 investigations into the abuse of its players, managers, match officials and their families over the past year.

Its online abuse reporting system was launched in June 2020.

BBC Sport has contacted Instagram for comment.

Liverpool fans not really doing themselves any favours here either

Im sure that particularly door swings both ways.

Football fandom is generally horrific on social media. Lots of people don't understand that just because you do something at a persons account online doesn't mean it has no impact on a real person.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62563500

Liverpool fans not really doing themselves any favours here either

The idiotic section of Liverpool fans on social media 

Generalisation is never a good thing no matter how trivial 

31 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

The idiotic section of Liverpool fans on social media 

Generalisation is never a good thing no matter how trivial 

Liverpool fans still though, verbally disowning them doesn't fix or change that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I think I've said it before though, when it comes to social media I can't see what clubs, fan groups etc can do about it. Twitter has a worldwide reach, and big clubs have "fans" everywhere, some of whom will be utter thundercunts, so even if only 0.001% of those fans decide it's  funny to be a prick that's a couple of hundred. Even standard football Twitter is awful, homogenised nonsense opinions echoing through the void, but it's not remotely difficult for anyone to abuse someone completely anonymously, what are Liverpool or any other club supposed to do about that?

• Like 2

There's also a number of people who just enjoy the act of being a shit online and they'll have dozens of sock puppets so they can join up in any pile-on.

It's an unfixable situation and I don't really get concerned over whose supporters are doing what online. Much more concerned what the supporters at the stadiums are doing and what's being done to stop them.

31 minutes ago, Colly said:

I think I've said it before though, when it comes to social media I can't see what clubs, fan groups etc can do about it. Twitter has a worldwide reach, and big clubs have "fans" everywhere, some of whom will be utter thundercunts, so even if only 0.001% of those fans decide it's  funny to be a prick that's a couple of hundred. Even standard football Twitter is awful, homogenised nonsense opinions echoing through the void, but it's not remotely difficult for anyone to abuse someone completely anonymously, what are Liverpool or any other club supposed to do about that?

I don’t know but recognising it as an actual problem rather than just saying “WELL, THEY’RE NOT REAL FANS” seems like a decent place to start.

I don't think it's unfixable, I just don't think it's something that can be changed by the clubs. I still think a middle layer of Twitter verification is the logical option, where you can voluntarily make your account identifiable and users can opt to temporarily block or mute anonymous accounts. It's hardly an ideal solution but it at least means in situations like the aftermath of the Euros penalty shootout at least easy targets can shut out the shit for a while.

1 minute ago, METALMAN said:

I don’t know but recognising it as an actual problem rather than just saying “WELL, THEY’RE NOT REAL FANS” seems like a decent place to start.

I don't disagree, but I also don't agree with Rich's post, it's complete generalisation based on a small minority of millions of people. 

• Like 3

I think there's sometimes a bit of tribalism that comes into play here. If there are bad fans from a club that you don't support, it's indicative that all said club's fans are scumbags who are out to get us. If there are bad fans from your club, they're just part of a minority and the rest of us are all wonderful.

37 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I think there's sometimes a bit of tribalism that comes into play here. If there are bad fans from a club that you don't support, it's indicative that all said club's fans are scumbags who are out to get us. If there are bad fans from your club, they're just part of a minority and the rest of us are all wonderful.

I don't necessarily agree. I don't like Man Utd but I don't think the majority of their fans are bellends. Just the bellends are bellends. 

It's not a club problem it's a people problem. People who think it's alright to abuse someone on social media don't mean that club is a problem. It's a them people are tools problem. 

Is it going to be more prevalent with clubs who are more popular and have a bigger fambase. Of course.