AEW: Fight Forever

I’ve only finally played it because it was free with PS+.  The game price never got down to a discount I thought was worth it.

It’s perfectly fine for a few matches of arcadey fun and if I had friends that played I think just doing endless lights out matches using every weapon under the sun would be great.  But as is I played for less than an hour and felt like I’d already seen everything I needed to.

As said I just think it’s a very incomplete game especially given the original price point plus wanting folks to keep throwing more for DLC.

As an aside, it’s funny that the one area of customization they have a lot of is theme music.  The jukebox is a trip.  Seeing themes for tons of pandemic-era or earlier AEW wrestlers I forgot were there at all.

• Like 1

If creation mode and editing wrestlers was even just as basic as No Mercy... and if there were a sandbox I could play in, like a Universe mode... I'm sure I'd still be playing the game. I had an absolute blast with the thing until I lost interest due to lack of content for me specifically.

I get the idea of the battle royale modes, but those are most definitely not for me. I want a solid career mode, which wasn't too bad... it just didn't offer up enough replayability... and I want a Universe/GM type of mode... and as stated at the beginning, I wanted a creation suite/editor that would at least give us the same capabilities as No Mercy.

• Like 3

I honestly think even if they had nailed everything they wanted to perfectly this still wouldn't have been for me. I enjoy everything about the 2K games too much. Give me an AEW game in the 2K style and that's an instant day one for me. I just don't have the nostalgia for this sort of game

• Like 3