FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

Ah, was it head to head after overall goal difference? I clearly hadn't been paying attention.

Points, goal difference, goals scored, head to head, goal difference in head to head games, goals scored in head to head games, fair play, drawing of lots, sacrificing a bull to the Oracle and reading its entrails.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

What does "goal difference in head to head games" mean? Surely with teams only playing once, there is no such thing. You either beat the other team for the H2H or you didn't?

I imagine it's for cases where three teams might be all tied on everything else? 

We're pretty much playing with house money, but I'm still so nervous! I really want to see America in the Quarterfinals. I was 13 in 2002 and pretty much couldn't watch any of the games with the time differences being so extreme. So instead I am just used to USA crashing out in the Round of 16.

18 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

We're pretty much playing with house money, but I'm still so nervous! I really want to see America in the Quarterfinals. I was 13 in 2002 and pretty much couldn't watch any of the games with the time differences being so extreme. So instead I am just used to USA crashing out in the Round of 16.

2002 was wild - I set my alarm for some of the matches that happened at 2am or whatever terrible time that was - but ESPN was re-airing every match during the day so I could just avoid the results.

Except for the fact ESPN put the results on the bottom line of their screen. That's how I found out about the result of USA-Portgual before the re-airing of the match happened.