2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

10 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Somebody might know something. Last night Travon Walker shot ahead to emerge as the betting favorite for the Jags at number 1.

There were a bunch of articles about that too across the interwebs

Just now, Krabby said:

There were a bunch of articles about that too across the interwebs

I believe this usually happens when someone internally has leaked the story but the writers can't attribute for various reasons. Similar to Baker Mayfield a few years back, when it wasn't clear whether Cleveland wanted him, Darnold, or Allen until the last couple days.

The head oddsmaker of Fanduel was on McAfee yesterday and said that the odds were changed due to the fact that a lot of "respected money" had flooded in on Walker.  In other words a lot of the people that typically get this stuff right bet on Walker, so yeah somebody knows something. 

15 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I think I read, and it's similar to the "somebody knows something" situation with the top pick, that Detroit prefer Thibodeaux.

Yea. I've heard that since November even, plus they sent a ton of reps out to see him a week or so back. I'd be happy with Thibodeaux, and would love too see Dean, Brisker, Cline, London, Claxton with our next picks. Probably Dean and London don't fall that far.

Edit - And if we do draft a QB, I want Ridder. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

I'm starting to think Ridder will be the first QB off the board.

He should be. He's clearly the best QB in this draft IMO. I get the Willis upside pick but outside of those two, I'm avoiding the rest unless it comes after a big slide. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, livid said:

He should be. He's clearly the best QB in this draft IMO. I get the Willis upside pick but outside of those two, I'm avoiding the rest unless it comes after a big slide. 

I mean, he's got every attribute you want from a QB and comes from a winning school. I just don't see how Willis is a better prospect here.

It's his physical attributes. He's got a great arm and is incredibly athletic so if you can unlock them then you're cooking with gas. It's just a risk/reward play. Ridder is safer but may be closer to a finished product than Willis. 

I should be interested if the 49ers pull off a trade with either Jimmy G or Deebo, but I'm way more curious where my University of Utah guys end up. Devin Lloyd is going to an amazing linebacker for somebody, hopefully taken in the first round and Britain Covey looks like he could have a Wes Welker type career as a slot receiver and return man. I'm guessing he goes undrafted and signs on with somebody afterwards.

The latest betting odds have Walker to the Jags still with Thibodeaux to Detroit and Stingley to the Texans.  Holy shit if would be a dream to see things play out this way.

Jets would likely be deciding between Sauce and Hutch, the latter of whom not many people in the building could've ever thought would be available.  Either way the Giants could grab whoever is left between those two AND still be guaranteed to get one of the top 2 tackles on their board.  I'd be doing cartwheels.

But this whole scenario is very much "I'll believe it when I see it".  I could just as easily see the Giants take a tackle at #5 with an eye towards Sauce at #7 only to get sniped by the Eagles trading ahead of them just like they did last year.