2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

I definitely thought, especially after Ryan was traded, that everything was in place for the Falcons to sign him. They had a deal in place to move Matt Ryan, were just waiting for Indianapolis to hammer out contract nuances. Then Cleveland must've come in at the last moment and given him that absolutely absurd, market-breaking contract.

Yeah, that's probably the straw. 

Sexual misconduct? Embarrassing the league? Whatever

Screwing with their money? Oh....you stupid man. 

• Like 1

I remember playing tons of Madden and NCAA back in the day, importint draft classes from NCAA to Madden. I always drafted Gore and Alex Smith to the 49ers and won a couple Super Bowls with them. My mind was blown when they were both actually drafted by the Niners. Two of my favorite players of all time and with them both retired now, an end of an era for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, damhausen said:

What the fuck is New Orleans doing? They figure to suck this year so they're possibly parting with a top 10 or top 5 pick next year.

I don't know, I think they'll be about as good as last year. Half that division is still bad and they were playing well when Winston was healthy. If he's back + Michael Thomas and a rookie WR (assuming that's one of the targets for those picks along with OL), they could still have a pretty good offense, Payton or not. Kamara's legal issues may put a dent in it, though. The defense remained the same for the most part and they have Tyrann Mathieu visiting today so they seem to be in decent shape. 

9 minutes ago, livid said:

I don't know, I think they'll be about as good as last year. Half that division is still bad and they were playing well when Winston was healthy. If he's back + Michael Thomas and a rookie WR (assuming that's one of the targets for those picks along with OL), they could still have a pretty good offense, Payton or not. Kamara's legal issues may put a dent in it, though. The defense remained the same for the most part and they have Tyrann Mathieu visiting today so they seem to be in decent shape. 

I don't think they'll be a 3 or 4 win team, but their opponents this year sting. They face the AFC North and NFC West, as well as two playoff teams in Las Vegas and Philadelphia. Not super favorable. Probably puts them around 5 or 6 wins total.