Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics

Lineker

The Court of Arbitration For Sport ruled that Kamila Valieva can continue to compete. All I have to say is, hypocrisy. Sha'Carri Richardson wasn't allowed to compete in the Summer Olympics, because she tested positive for marijuana. Yet they let Valieva compete after testing positive for something else that's banned that may or may not be a PED. Weed sure isn't. Next Summer Olympics, they should automatically give Richardson a spot after this crap.

Richardson is now complaining the difference between how the two were treated is about race. Might be true, but I think its more about how the IOC's rules are completely fucking idiotic.

13 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The Court of Arbitration For Sport ruled that Kamila Valieva can continue to compete. All I have to say is, hypocrisy. Sha'Carri Richardson wasn't allowed to compete in the Summer Olympics, because she tested positive for marijuana. Yet they let Valieva compete after testing positive for something else that's banned that may or may not be a PED. Weed sure isn't. Next Summer Olympics, they should automatically give Richardson a spot after this crap.

Richardson is now complaining the difference between how the two were treated is about race. Might be true, but I think its more about how the IOC's rules are completely fucking idiotic.

The IOC didn't have anything to do with Richardson not being able to compete - that was all USADA and the USOPC. Richardson could've been selected for the relay, but wasn't.

I feel bad that I've barely watched any of this.  Just haven't been able to get into it and I don't know why.  I'm sure having lots of stuff spoiled before it airs on primetime in the US hasn't helped but usually I can stay clear of that stuff if I'm actually interested and I'm just not feeling it.

Maybe it's because the last Olympics were only a few months ago and I really do need a couple years in between to get invested?  I dunno.  Unfortunate I kinda wasted these games.

1 hour ago, CM Busch said:

I feel bad that I've barely watched any of this.  Just haven't been able to get into it and I don't know why.  I'm sure having lots of stuff spoiled before it airs on primetime in the US hasn't helped but usually I can stay clear of that stuff if I'm actually interested and I'm just not feeling it.

Maybe it's because the last Olympics were only a few months ago and I really do need a couple years in between to get invested?  I dunno.  Unfortunate I kinda wasted these games.

Outside of staying up late for Nathan Chen I haven't done anything to build my schedule around events. Can just catch highlights after the fact if I really want. And if I do see some exciting stuff live, that's a bonus.

Last night's men's freeski halfpipe final was a joke. Gusts of winds causing multiple of the best skiiers in the world fall on their heads. Apparently they couldn't move it because the wind won't get better between now and the end of the games.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

The next Games are Paris, then Milan, and then Los Angeles. No awkward ones scheduled until Brisbane 2032!

Unclear who the host for the winter Olympics in 2030 is yet but outside of Sapporo none of the bids so far are from places that would have the awkward schedule.

4 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Can’t really remember a US Olympian being featured so heavily in commercials going into the games only to not win a medal quite like Mikaela Shiffrin.

Hopefully she can put this behind her and build her stock back up in the Worlds next year.

Losing a medal in the tiebreaker of the team event absolutely summed everything up for her Olympics.

2 weeks to forget for her.