GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition

Adam

The reviews will be a big one for me. If it's just a simple port then nah, I've got the games already I want it to be updated somewhat but having things like more modern controls as the controls for the older GTA games just haven't aged well at all. 

Price is another sticking point for me. I'm personally hoping it isn't just a cash grab and it's like we've just put them on next gen consoles now it's the same as before 

21 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Rockstar has stated that they're going to retain the feel of the old versions, but with better graphics and modern enhancements. They absolutely need mid-mission checkpoints and better shooting controls. Keeping the original soundtrack is big for me as well. If it's just a simple set of ports with minimal changes, like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, it won't interest me much.

Yeah, having played the ports on PS4... they're gonna need to change the controls. GTA games from that era have not aged well in that respect. Without a change of controls, a significant overhaul of graphics, and the old soundtracks, I can't see this being something I give a shit about sadly.

15 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

I already have 3, VC, and SA on Steam from when there was a sale years ago and they were all dirt cheap.  Don't need it for another console even with improved graphics.

DYXtaouU0AE8nNx.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, K said:

Fuck. really? What is it you can't do in 3? I swear there's something really frustrating related to jumping (or not jumping)

No swimming, and if you want to escape a burning vehicle, you have to stop. No jumping out which was introduced in VC.

I'm intrigued to see how they all look on the next gens, I'll probably hold off buying straight away but it'd be nice to revisit the games again. And I also hope it does well enough that Rockstar consider a remaster of The Warriors down the line (though it may bring major licensing headaches).

• Like 1

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4kaa7414o5k979/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-coming-november-11

Apparently the  San Andreas portion at least will be coming to Game Pass on launch. Personally would have been perfect if it were III but still cool, I guess.

III is coming to PS Now in December as well. I'm not as familiar with that, is that the streaming one?