NFL 2021

Lineker

Someone else.  Let’s not act like we’re familiar with a lot of GM candidates unless they’re really really good or really really bad.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Then who do you think they should consider for their next GM?

Kinda like @Maxx said, idk who all is out there but I'm sure there are a number of talented ppl in assistant GM and Director of PP spots that could be given a shot. Snag one of those people from one of these good teams!

Reportedly, several of the GM candidates the Giants reached out to to schedule interviews asked straight up if they'd be forced to keep Judge, so the Giants saw the writing on the wall that the guy was getting fired anyway.

Speaking of which, they've apparently reached out to all of these candidates to set up interviews:

Ran Carthon (49ers director of player personnel)
Ryan Cowden (Titans VP of player personnel)
Quentin Harris (Cardinals VP of player personnel)
Joe Hortiz (Ravens director of player personnel)
Monti Ossenfort (Titans director of player personnel)
Adam Peters (49ers assistant GM)
Ryan Poles (Chiefs director executive director of player personnel)
Joe Schoen (Bills assistant GM)
Adrian Wilson (Cardinals VP of pro personnel)

I'm really happy with this list, you cast a wide net and even though you're only making one hire, it gives you a great chance to pick everybody's brains and see what their organizations are doing.  it doesn't exactly take an Einstein to realize you should be targeting candidates from teams that have had recent success instead of a retread from years ago like Scott Pioli.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Dolphins fan.

After reading around Twitter the last few days I'm glad Flores has gone.

It's EXTREMELY telling that no offensive players have said anything good about him or have been shocked at his departure.

Yeah I'm not so sure I'd put a lot of stock in that. They could just be mad and not sharing their thoughts. Objectively, it was not good move.