NFL 2021

Lineker

59 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I could envisage a scenario where they fire Joe Judge - in order to promote Patrick Graham.

I doubt that scenario happens purely because Joe Judge handpicked him to be his assistant HC/DC. I wouldn't mind it but I feel like there is a better chance of Judge staying than this happening. 

License Plate Guy, probably the most visually prominent Giants megafan at the games, just tweeted "run it back 😐 "....I'm like 95% sure he has an insider source within the team so I wouldn't be surprised if someone's already told him that Judge is staying.

There's also reportedly a team meeting at noon with players and coaches and I can't imagine why you'd have a coach you've already decided to fire running that meeting.  The longer it goes, the more it seems he stays (for now).

I think all Giants fans agreed it was time to get rid of Jerry Reese...but in retrospect, he was unceremoniously fired in-season with a winning record and two Super Bowls to his credit. Gettleman meanwhile had his whole family at the game yesterday and he gets a huge press release thanking him for his service to the team.

Reese got jobbed.

4 hours ago, Krabby said:

Gentleman didn't want to drop the title so he lost his smile?

Nah. He took his ball and went home.

1. If no team looking for a head coach doesn't interview Eric Bieniemy...and I don't mean a bs Rooney Rule waste of time...something's the fuck up. 

2. The Dolphins firing their HC and the Vikings firing their GM = bullshit.

3. The Dolphins have apparently already ruled Jim Harbaugh out as a potential candidate. Good. I think he'd be a much better fit with the Raiders, *maybe* Broncos.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Nah. He took his ball and went home.

1. If no team looking for a head coach doesn't interview Eric Bieniemy...and I don't mean a bs Rooney Rule waste of time...something's the fuck up. 

3. The Dolphins have apparently already ruled Jim Harbaugh out as a potential candidate. Good. I think he'd be a much better fit with the Raiders, *maybe* Bears.

FTFY :shifty: 

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Nah, he needed to go. He wasn't terrible or anything, decent in fact. But we want to take the next step up and need to clean house to do that.

1 hour ago, Krabby said:

Nah, he needed to go. He wasn't terrible or anything, decent in fact. But we want to take the next step up and need to clean house to do that.

Then who do you think they should consider for their next GM?