NFL 2021

Lineker

Supposedly they aren't going with any variation of Wolves because of difficulties with trademarks.  They went out of their way to announce this a month early because they knew it was the most popular choice.

Anyway the other seven finalists were:  Armada, Brigade, Commanders, Defenders, Presidents, Red Hogs, or Washington Football Team

I'm willing to rule out all but the final two.  They're making the announcement on Groundhogs Day, so Red Hogs would seem to be the new favorite, unless they want to tie in with the movie and just announce WFT again.

Mike Glennon needs hand surgery, so Jake Fromm will get another start for the Giants in their season finale with undrafted Brian Lewerke backing him up.

Surely this has to be the end of the road for Glennon's career.  Some backups hang around forever but he's been absolutely terrible any time he's been forced into duty and hasn't won a game since 2017.  Presumably ends his career 6-25 as a starter, worst winning percentage in history of any QB with at least 25 starts.

It boggles my mind that the Giants didn't just keep Colt.  You can't really expect a backup to win, but at least get someone who doesn't disgrace themselves.  I mean he went to Seattle and won a game on the road last year, albeit the defense had to stand on its head.  He managed the game, Glennon can't even do that.  Moreover, the Giants rushed out to sign Glennon on day one of free agency.

Speaking of free agency, barring the unforeseen circumstance of the Giants finding the end zone, Kenny Golladay will score zero touchdowns in his first year after signing for $72 million.

If Washington goes with Defenders, they'd better consistently have one of the top defenses in the league, or they will be reamed bigtime.

I'm all for naming them the Washington Whatthefucks, but that obviously won't happen.

53 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

It boggles my mind that the Giants didn't just keep Colt.  You can't really expect a backup to win, but at least get someone who doesn't disgrace themselves.  I mean he went to Seattle and won a game on the road last year, albeit the defense had to stand on its head.  He managed the game, Glennon can't even do that.  Moreover, the Giants rushed out to sign Glennon on day one of free agency.

Speaking of free agency, barring the unforeseen circumstance of the Giants finding the end zone, Kenny Golladay will score zero touchdowns in his first year after signing for $72 million.

McCoy won two games for the Cards this year too, with one horrible loss. 2-1 and I'm pretty sure he didn't have Hopkins at all in that run either, which makes it even dafter that the Giants didn't keep him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merry Christmaxx said:

If the WFT subreddit to to be believed, there's a trademark filing for Washington Groundhogs. 

That's brilliant, because for Washington fans every year will feel like the same suffering over and over again.

• Haha 7