NFL 2021

Lineker

This has to be it for Brown now, surely? I mean I said that after the sexual assault report, and again after the threatening texts, and he came back and won a Super Bowl.

Of course it's not the first time he's quit on a team mid-game, although at least when he did it for the Steelers he kept his shirt on.

I think this is the end for him. At this point he's not so much better than other WRs that you take a chance. He'll be 34 next season, not a lot of WRs play at a high level at that age. Just basically the end of the road. And hopefully now he can get the help he needs and isn't exploited by shady shitheads trying to book him against a Paul brother.

3 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

You spent a third round pick on Kellen Mond - at this point why not just put him in and see what you have there? Surely?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Chargers/Raiders officially flexed to SNF for week 18.  It will effectively be win or go home unless a bunch of stuff breaks the Raiders' way to allow them in before playing.

The largely meaningless Chiefs-Broncos game got moved to Saturday as did Cowboys-Eagles.

Surprised Ravens-Steelers isn't the SNF game but at this point it's not a win or go home game and by the time it's played there's the possibility both teams are eliminated.

6 hours ago, Lint said:

A harsh statement but at the same time I admire the honesty.

These coaches see a whole lot more reps from players in practice than the media do.  They know what they have a lot more than the media does.  If a QB looks that bad in practice, what prayer do they have against an NFL defense?

This statement surely couldn't have been good for Mond's confidence but it's either this or send him out there to get humiliated.

16 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

This statement surely couldn't have been good for Mond's confidence but it's either this or send him out there to get humiliated.

I get that, technically we were still in the playoff hunt before the game so you go with who you think can win the game. I can't really fault Zimmer for that.

We still got humiliated though because most of Zimmer's other decisions are trash though. Really hoping for a house cleaning - GM, HC, OC, and DC.

5 minutes ago, Krabby said:

I get that, technically we were still in the playoff hunt before the game so you go with who you think can win the game. I can't really fault Zimmer for that.

We still got humiliated though because most of Zimmer's other decisions are trash though. Really hoping for a house cleaning - GM, HC, OC, and DC.

You're probably getting that. We'll see what approach Minnesota takes to the future but it feels like the 2022 team will be one accepting it's time for a rebuild. Cousins is gone after next season. Might as well have a new GM to start building up the team for the post-Cousins era.

If things shake out correctly Chargers/Raiders could be in a situation where the smartest thing they can do is tie, as it will allow them both to get in, whereas whoever loses would be eliminated. Unlikely scenario because it requires a Jaguars win, but it’s by far the most fun scenario we have.