NFL 2021

Lineker

47 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I worry for Joe Burrow facing the Rams with that O-Line. 

45 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Aaron Donald is going to kill my boy! :crying: 

They're going to have to call Burrow "Potatoes" by halftime.

I want the Bengals to win, but I'll be surprised if the Rams don't. 

47 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Two 4 seeds in the Super Bowl. These playoffs have been wild. Nice feelgood moments for the family Stafford.

This is the biggest celebration they've had since being informed they get to permanently leave Detroit for warm weather for the first time in 12 years. 

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

What an epic collapse. 

And I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want Jimmy G gone. I think Trey Lance is a downgrade.

The cap savings alone make it inevitable but there is also no way you can watch the last couple of drives and still think this. Absolutely wild. 

9 minutes ago, livid said:

The cap savings alone make it inevitable but there is also no way you can watch the last couple of drives and still think this. Absolutely wild. 

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and Lance turns into Mahomes 2.0 next year. But, I can help but think what else we could have done with that pick. Je'marr Chase? Another defensive player? The cap savings will be great, and not having to watch Jimmy blow easy passes when we all know he can hit them will be nice, tho.

Guess really that I'm just torn. One hand, I don't think Lance is the answer and it was a wasted pick. Other hand, pretty sure Jimmy G isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I certainly don't look forward to the New York media trying to rub the the Giants fans' nose in it over Odell making the SB.  You know they'll do it, even though it's a weird take since most of us don't have any ill-will toward him any more.

We were blindsided when he got traded away.  Quickly soured on him when he almost instantly turned around and dumped on pretty much the entire organization, the teammates, and the fans to any media outlet that would have him.  Laughed as he underwhelmed in Cleveland and seemed to stir issues there pretty quickly.  But ultimately it felt like that trade was either a slight win for the Giants or, at worst, a push.

But the biggest thing is had he not been traded, there's no evidence it would've changed the Giants' fate.  The team was a rudderless mess and I don't think Beckham's presence would have made a difference.  If anything, his amazing play in 2014/2015 might've turned out to be a long-term detriment as it made Eli look better and got him an extension at a time when the Giants should've seriously been considering moving on.

Rams open up in Vegas as 3.5 point favorites over the Bengals.  That's about what I thought it would be, gives you enough to think about with the Rams having only won by a field goal each of the last two weeks.  But if you feel the Bengals O-line will crumble against Donald, Von, and Floyd it's a pretty good line to bet on right now before too much Rams money comes in and they have to raise the line to draw more Bengals money in.

In terms of MVP, if you believe the Bengals will win you may as well parlay a Burrow MVP bet along with it.  QB is always the safe, default choice for MVP and it's tough to imagine the Bengals winning without Burrow having a good day at the office.  Rams MVP would be tougher to call, although the passing stats will all go to Stafford you have a big name like Kupp who could put up some huge YAC numbers with multiple scores.  Or if you think D will wreck shit, Donald is not a bad bet.

The Rams have the number 1 pass blocking and pass rushing in the league. Almost unheard of for a team to have both categories. You feel like a team number 1 in both of those important categories is a lock.

One thing I'll say about Cincinnati is they've faced 2 top defenses this year - SF and Denver. They lost to the Niners and struggled offensively against Denver who only lost by virtue of having no offense. But Burrow can make a lot happen that could give any defense fits, and the Bengals consistently make great adjustments on defense to take away top targets.

Gotta love a team dunking on the naysayers lmao

I don't think you can really count out Joe Burrow in any game it seems like and yesterday when Joe Mixon got his mojo going that's when KC started being unable to slow them down. You look at San Fran, they never got the running game set up and established as a threat (probably because of the lack of respect for Jimmy G.'s passing game). Eli Mitchell had a few nice catches but did diddly squat on the ground - the hope for Cincy is that Burrow's cannon and Mixon's ability to gain will help keep the Rams defense guessing and on their toes.

On the other side of the ball, as @damshow said, Cincy has done a good job of not getting shredded by top targets. Kupp and OBJ can be a nightmare, but so can Hill and Hardman (and Kelce) for KC and they did an adequate job of holding them down.

Hopefully it will be a good game, I'm looking forward to it!

Yeah the Niners have been punching people in the mouth all year in the run game and the Rams D stood up to the challenge.  Of course, part of the reason they were fine with selling out so heavy on the run game is because they didn't view Jimmy G as much of a threat through the air.

Jimmy G just screams future Washington (Commanders?) QB for some reason.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Jimmy G go to a good team, and Rodgers go to a good team that either suddenly turns to crap, or has other good teams in the same division so it won't be a lock that his team will win it. But I especially hope the no good motherfucker goes to an AFC team.

I do kinda wonder if, despite all the noise, Rodgers either stays with Green Bay or retires. He might not be happy in Green Bay per se, but if the only thing keeping him going is winning another ring...why you would want to go to a division with Mahomes/Herbert and a conference with Burrow, Allen etc?  Despite his playoff failings, the NFC is objectively an easier path to a Super Bowl especially if really is Brady retired.

His best bet at a ring is either staying where he is or getting traded somewhere else in the NFC, and the Packers might not be willing to do that even though a Rodgers trade signifies they're blowing it up.

I for one would love to be a fly on the wall for the phone calls where Saints brass try to convince Green Bay to take Taysom Hill in the deal.