NFL 2021

Lineker

I really don't want us to lose Adrian Wilson but it feels inevitable.

Leftwich to Jax makes all the sense in the world. Started his career there, a bit less pressure to prove himself straight away as a rookie HC. By all accounts he has a great mind for the game.

• Like 1

I mean, this is funny and all and the Jags keeping Baalke always felt like a terrible idea.  But a guy who hasn't been a head coach demanding his own hand picked GM (who also hasn't been a GM), sans interview?

Sounds like Leftwich knows he's the Jags' top target but isn't totally sold on the job, so he figures he'll shoot for the moon and if Khan wants to back out, so be it.

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

If I was a well-regarded OC for one of the league's best teams, and I'm bargaining with the league's worst team, I'd probably feel brave enough to make such demands as well.

TBH, I'm not sure how much of that is Leftwich vs Brady. 

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Lol Leftwich told Khan "#FireBaalke"

Good for him. Baalke is a snake and sucks anyways. It's never made any sense why he was hired last year to begin with and the idea of keeping him makes even less sense. 

3 minutes ago, damshow said:

Since the year McDaniels screwed over Indy, has there been a single coordinator on the final 4 teams to get much/any traction in their HC candidacy?

I can't think of any recently but it sounds like the Vikings are likely going to choose between Rams OC Kevin O'Connell and 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans so that would be your answer there potentially. 

7 minutes ago, damshow said:

Baalke probably did himself in when he tried to interview Fangio for the HC job.

I hope so. For Trevor's sake they really need to stop screwing around with the Baalke stuff. 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

This reads like a hostage situation. 

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Where is this at? I do a search and all I come up with is fan-made concept designs.

You can find them a few pages back. I think it was tweeted by the official WFT twitter. 

I won’t be all that upset if the Giants miss out on Daboll, but I expect a meltdown from most of the fanbase.  The optics would admittedly not look great losing out on the guy who seemed like a lock.  Very reminiscent of Matt Rhule clearly going to the Giants two years ago, until he didn’t.  But in that case they dodged a bullet.

Giants should be finished with interviews tomorrow, so they’ll at least have a chance to keep Daboll from going to that second Dolphins interview.  But it depends on how aggressive they want to be.

1 hour ago, CM Busch said:

I won’t be all that upset if the Giants miss out on Daboll, but I expect a meltdown from most of the fanbase.  The optics would admittedly not look great losing out on the guy who seemed like a lock.  Very reminiscent of Matt Rhule clearly going to the Giants two years ago, until he didn’t.  But in that case they dodged a bullet.

Giants should be finished with interviews tomorrow, so they’ll at least have a chance to keep Daboll from going to that second Dolphins interview.  But it depends on how aggressive they want to be.

Certainly seems like the Giants are fast becoming Flores’ only option.