NFL 2021

Lineker

Was talking to one of my work buddies who is a Niners fan, he's jazzed up but admitted he really wishes the NFC Title game were on first because he's got no faith in the Niners beating the Chiefs.  Therefore if the Chiefs win the AFC Title game first it'd dampen some of the hype for him a bit and feel like a 2nd place game.

I sorta understand that, but still, it's a chance to beat a hated division rival and go to the Super Bowl.  Worry about the actual Super Bowl when the time comes.  Any given Sunday, etc.

• Like 1

Yeah I mean I feel like if you can get to the Super Bowl, that means your team is pretty good and at least stands a chance. The Chiefs have looked awfully human this year compared to previous years as well.

• Like 1

The Chiefs have a perfectly shreddable secondary, which would favor the Rams a lot more than the Niners.  But if your defense can stand on its head that day and you run the ball effectively like you have all year, you've got a chance against anyone.

KC's shreddable secondary is also why I can't count the Bengals out, although I'm probably about 90% sure the Chiefs will take it.  It feels like the most realistic path to a Bengals win is the same as it was when they beat them a month ago - outlasting a shootout, which is never easy to do against that explosive of an offense.  The problem is the Bengals couldn't do anything against a pretty lousy Titans secondary either because Burrow was on his back all game.  If the O-Line plays like that again it'll be game over fairly early.

• Like 1

Antonio Brown is considering suing the Buccaneers for Defamation. According to Brown and his lawyer, the team offered him $200,000 if he'd sit out the rest of the season and check into a mental health facility. AB is saying the team is trying to portray him as mentally unstable.

Well, good luck. Because I'm sure the Bucs can provide witnesses from both their team and the Raiders, along with experts and video footage to mount a good defense: "Brown was portayed as mentally unstable, because he *is* mentally unstable!"

Last year Ravens LB coach Mike MacDonald took a job with Jim Harbaugh at Michigan as their DC. We saw how well that went this year, dominant defense and maybe the top pick in the draft. Anyway now that is internship is over the Ravens want him back as DC. Thinking he was going to stay at Michigan long term is what a fool believes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Antonio Brown is considering suing the Buccaneers for Defamation. According to Brown and his lawyer, the team offered him $200,000 if he'd sit out the rest of the season and check into a mental health facility. AB is saying the team is trying to portray him as mentally unstable.

Well, good luck. Because I'm sure the Bucs can provide witnesses from both their team and the Raiders, along with experts and video footage to mount a good defense: "Brown was portayed as mentally unstable, because he *is* mentally unstable!"

How do you *prove* mental instability? If they offered him that and he feels that such a step is unwarranted, he is entitled to say no without being cut.

Despite all the issues that Brown has had over the past few seasons, I'm going to struggle to side with the team that has the Head Coach who slaps his players, and according to Brown fired him on the sideline during a game.

4 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Was talking to one of my work buddies who is a Niners fan, he's jazzed up but admitted he really wishes the NFC Title game were on first because he's got no faith in the Niners beating the Chiefs.  Therefore if the Chiefs win the AFC Title game first it'd dampen some of the hype for him a bit and feel like a 2nd place game.

I sorta understand that, but still, it's a chance to beat a hated division rival and go to the Super Bowl.  Worry about the actual Super Bowl when the time comes.  Any given Sunday, etc.

Talking to two of my coworkers this week, one asked if I would rather the 49ers face the Chiefs or the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I want the Chiefs because I want revenge for two years ago.

The other coworker asked if I was picking the 49ers over the Rams because they're my team or because I really think they stand a chance. Told him not only are the 49ers going to stomp the Rams, but then we'll beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

Commanders.com domain just got transferred to the same company NFL uses for all their domains.  Indicates that’s probably Washington’s new name.

Fuckin’ commies.

34 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Commanders.com domain just got transferred to the same company NFL uses for all their domains.  Indicates that’s probably Washington’s new name.

Fuckin’ commies.

Yeah when I saw the star imprints on the leaked uniforms I figured that's where this was headed. 

3 minutes ago, damshow said:

I'm sure the OC from the team he was desperately trying to get away from is what will sway him.

To be fair, I don't listen to his weekly McAfee interview but supposedly he loves Hackett and has a great rapport with him.  I sense his bigger issue is with LaFleur and especially the front office.