NFL 2021

Lineker

I assume Joe Schoen will try to bring Daboll to East Rutherford.

The Josh McCown news is ridiculous. Basically the biggest example of skipping the line but it's clear people "in the know" have tagged him as a future HC. A bit of a Vrabel situation but even he had to work as an assistant for a few years.

On 17/01/2022 at 22:32, Maxx said:

To be fair, Jim Caldwell is 67 years old and several of the teams with vacancies have better defensive pieces than offense ones.  If you’re in the market for a defense focused head coach, Dan Quinn’s got the best resume right now.

Now, if you want to talk about Kellen Moore getting a gig over Caldwell or Leftwich or Bienemy…

To follow up on this, Caldwell is straight up declining interviews with some teams.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

With it being the Texans, I'm surprised they want Josh McCown, and not Cade McNown...... 

That's College Football Hall of Famer Cade McNown to you, sir.

(Also, I was looking at his wiki and McNown's stats aren't even *that* bad. Low completion percentage, 13-16 TD to INT, but still better than Trevor Lawrence!)

30 minutes ago, livid said:

There is a rumor that he's likely the Bears choice. 

Bears fans are going to be real disappointed when they don't get Harbaugh. At least we'll probably fall back to Rick Bisaccia if we don't.

Yeah Bears fans working themselves into a frenzy for Harbaugh or Day only to wind up with Jim Caldwell who has all the public-facing charisma of a spoon is going to be met poorly. Shame because I love Jim Caldwell and think he's a great coach, especially when it comes to making a QB better.

If Josh McCown's the guy the Texans have their hearts set on, for whatever reason, then that's fine - whatever, it's their team - but it's hella-cringe that they want other teams to interview him to make it more legit. If they are ready to hire him, just put him through the process - interview some other guys, do some good in fact by picking some lesser known names and giving them some interview experience and some shine on their name, and then just hire McCown.

They are going to look just as dumb if he falls flat no matter who interviewed him so why not just embrace it.

I don't know how to embed tweets but Aaron Rodgers had this to say: 

"Great quote by Aaron Rodgers on BidenFire: "When the president of the US says, 'pandemic of the unvaccinated,’ it’s because him and his constituents, which, I don’t know how there are any if you watch any of his attempts at public speaking, but I guess he got 81 million votes."

wut.....

• Haha 1