England - The Southgate Years

Lineker

1 minute ago, MDK said:

Then you might as well pick Gav from down the pub and stick him on the bench if he isn't going to play :P 

In fact, why not offer a spot on the bench to whoever donates money to a charity of the teams choosing? 

See, there it's the training. Being with the team for a week, learning the system. No point Gav down pub doing that. 

Just now, Jimmy said:

As I don't wanna do that judging players on their performances in England shirts - Liverpool fans, what's Henderson like at club level these days?

Henderson gets way too much unfair stick imo. At times last season and the season before under Klopp he was playing really well as the midfielder who sets the tempo, he could start attacks with long passing or just by hitting a ball with pace into space or into feet it helped us up our game a bit. He wins the ball back a fair amount and gets plenty of interceptions. 

I do think partnerships is a big thing for him though. So like with us I felt like he played his best when he was alongside Wijnaldum and Lallana rather than in the midfield three with Wijnaldum and Can. I don't think him and Dier together in a midfield two is gonna be great for England which isn't a knock on either player I just think Henderson performs better with certain types of players alongside him. If England played a 4-3-3, Henderson would probably play better. 

Then again, I think most players look shite for England <_<

• Like 1