The New New Kit Thread

Baddar

I imagine most single-digit shirt numbers will look acceptable on those shirts. The double-digit ones expose how wonky and inconsistent the numerals appear when placed side-by-side.

But then, 47 is a silly shirt number anyway.

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Does it count as a font if it's just getting a child to scrawl on your kit?

According to the Beeb that's Noel Gallagher's handywork so make of t hat what you will.

Whilst I'm passing, new Leeds away kit doing the rouns ahead of a proper announcement tomorrow:

Not feeling it TBH. I know a lot of our fans love the yellow away kits, though the club say that no one ever buys them so we'll see. Curious to see what the third kit is, otherwise I'm probably leaning towards the home shirt this year.

It's just a bit too much for me. If the collar had been more basic, or if the shorts were white to match the sleeve details then it would be great, but there's something thst doesn't quite work. Think the shirt itself works as a supporter top though.

It is too much, I think the colours are too bold and the shoulder design isn't nice - although not as bad as the home kit. It reminds me of an American sports team jersey.

The fonts on the Man City shirt mind are atrocious.

Yeah, it's the 'Smiley' badge from the 70's. Home kit is just the normal one.

And I would agree with the seniment of the kit being too much, like on it's own the shirt is probably fine but with all the extra yellow in the shorts and socks it's just a lot. I think maybe the fact the badge isn't blue as well is throwing me off, like because the Adidas and RB logos are in blue it doesn't match.

This is lovely. It's slightly weird that it's obviously based on the 99/00 kit then they've stuck our 80s crest on it, but I'll allow it.

Might buy some popper trackies to go with it.

• Like 2

I played footy in those once and ended up with them cutting into my legs. I think they were ones where you could take bottom half off and turn them into shorts.

22 hours ago, Colly said:

This is lovely. It's slightly weird that it's obviously based on the 99/00 kit then they've stuck our 80s crest on it, but I'll allow it.

Might buy some popper trackies to go with it.

Went to buy it, having not bought a kit for well over a decade, and nope. Not paying £80 I'm afraid.

Sadly that's how things are these days, and the reason I don't buy any until end of season sales. £80 is a joke.

Amusingly I'm actually on my way to a meeting in a building overlooking St James', tempted to have a nosey in the shop but absolutely no chance of buying.

I'll definitely pick it up when it's more reasonable. It's a lovely kit and the nostalgia element definitely sells it to me, just not at that price point.

Will also be getting my daughter a matching one. Although we now live around the corner from Meadow Lane and she thinks I support Notts County. So I'm not sure how bothered she'll be.

I can't do it. It's not even a moral thing either as the copies are probably from the same sweat shop as the official ones, but they're never as good. My brother in law bought last years away kit for my son and while on the surface it looks decent enough (badge looks a bit shitter than usual), a couple of washes later and it's looking pretty poor. Bear in mind I've still got shirts in decent nick from 1998 I'd rather just pay £25 in May.