The New New Kit Thread

Baddar

1 hour ago, Naitch said:

I wonder if we'll ever get a decent kit again. The last one I actually liked was the 21/22 away kit (yellow with black accents) and the entire Nike era of home kits has been some combination of shit and/or boring.

To be fair it is very hard to ruin a yellow Chelsea away kit... (watch Nike do exactly that next year)

The only newer shirt I have is last year's home one, entirely because of the novelty (at the time) of it being sponsorless... but other than that it's not great. I mainly wear football shirts when the temperature's warm and I'm at risk of running some of my favourites into the ground if I don't add to the selection occasionally.

(Case in point, right now I am wearing a 2013 home shirt with MATA 10 on the back. It is fresher than most because he moved to Man Utd a few months after I got it and so I didn't wear the shirt much for a few years after that 😆).

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Did they not have a half and half sponsor-less shirt about 20 years ago? May have even had a central badge too.

They had this (which I still have and still fits)

82e6bba3_1080x.jpg?v=1680277019

Followed by this as a special for the centenary (which I regret not having)

Retro-Barcelona-Home-Centenary-Football-

All the kits were sponsorless for years though, until the Unicef ones in the mid 2000s, after which they've brought in standard sponsors. Shame.

53 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

To be fair it is very hard to ruin a yellow Chelsea away kit... (watch Nike do exactly that next year)

The only newer shirt I have is last year's home one, entirely because of the novelty (at the time) of it being sponsorless... but other than that it's not great. I mainly wear football shirts when the temperature's warm and I'm at risk of running some of my favourites into the ground if I don't add to the selection occasionally.

(Case in point, right now I am wearing a 2013 home shirt with MATA 10 on the back. It is fresher than most because he moved to Man Utd a few months after I got it and so I didn't wear the shirt much for a few years after that 😆).

I was recently fortunate enough to get my hands on a good condition 08/09 home shirt as my previous one had gotten a little tight around the waist (I was 14 at the time so hardly surprising!). Still need to replace my 05/06 centenary shirt, as that hasn't fit over my head in many years, and do something about the lettering starting to peel off my 06/08 home shirt, which somehow still fits.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Roma's kit have done it again, but the sponsor is gross garbage.

AS Roma Home Jersey 2024/25, Men

If i ever find a sponsor-less version of that I might have to make it an immediate buy.

The Roma shirt I do have, which also has an unfortunate sponsor, is one of my favourites:

AS Roma 20-21 Home Kit Released - Footy Headlines

I think I can make out all of the changes they've listed, but I can only assume whoever got paid to design the new logo is laughing uncontrollably somewhere, amazed that they got away with it.

Sheff United home shirt:  

Away shirt: