Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2021

Maxx

Recently got HBO Max and decided to check out Titans.  Liking it more then I thought I would.  When I first saw the trailer, the whole "Fuck Batman" line kinda turned me off since it seemed needlessly "edgy", but seeing the context it was used it made sense.  Looking forward to starting Doom Patrol

20 minutes ago, Lint said:

Recently got HBO Max and decided to check out Titans.  Liking it more then I thought I would.  When I first saw the trailer, the whole "Fuck Batman" line kinda turned me off since it seemed needlessly "edgy", but seeing the context it was used it made sense.  Looking forward to starting Doom Patrol

WATCH HARLEY QUINN.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

WATCH HARLEY QUINN.

I have.  I pirated it before I subscribed to HBO Max

• Like 1

Just now, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Have you seen season 2?

Yes.  Let me clarify.  I bought S1 on Youtube, but then when S2 wasn't (initially) available on YT, I pirated it.  Didn't think S2 was AS good as S1, but it was still really good.  S1 just had more of the "Wow they are getting away with this?!" feel to it

Movie got basically a complete remake and still looks like hot garbage

• Like 1

Y'know, at least Endgame had a good reason to be 3 hours long, since it was the culmination of 10 years of movies. This is four hours long and is the culmination of... *checks notes*... three movies within 4 years of each other.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 2

Looking back it’s hilarious that MCU had Iron Man appear in 9 films over the course of a decade before killing him off in the epic conclusion of the story they had been crafting for most of that time.  And it’s a grand finale and great final send off for the character, a character who got elevated to new heights of popularity during that 10 year run.

Meanwhile DC kills off Superman in his second appearance, in the bloated, poorly thought out climax of a disaster of a film, and immediately bring him back in the 3rd film.  Superman was barely established in their new universe before they killed him off which had zero emotional impact, and then zero impact on the overarching plot because he was alive again 30 minutes into the next movie.  One of the most well known super heroes of all time and his on screen death is completely and utterly irrelevant on every conceivable level. 

• Like 3

I actually didn't mind the trailer, but that probably shows how low of a bar we're working with with the original. 

Reminder that Justice League The Animated Series managed to do an amazing TV movie origin for the League that introduced everyone on the team for the first time aside from Superman and Batman who were already established by a prior movie and shows and that was about an hour and a half yet this movie thinks that's a 4 hour job.

9 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Reminder that Justice League The Animated Series managed to do an amazing TV movie origin for the League that introduced everyone on the team for the first time aside from Superman and Batman who were already established by a prior movie and shows and that was about an hour and a half yet this movie thinks that's a 4 hour job.

Zack Snyder also thought the death and return of Superman should be shoehorned into 2 movies.  Not the, at least, 3 dedicated movies and various spinoffs it could've spawned.  No...shoehorned into 2 movies. 

This is why, even I've liked most of the DCEU movies I've seen (aside from the Superman related ones), I will never give the DCEU a break when a movie is announced.  Because they'll fuck it up

On 14/02/2021 at 17:55, apsham said:

“We live in a society.”

Jesus Christ.

LITERALLY!

ts7lfwzmd2j61.jpg

Harley Quinn S2 E9 spoilers

Spoiler

Oh my god Ivy and Harley slept together.

Oh my god they did again.

Oh my god this is heartbreaking. Ivy's "I trust you with my life, but... not with my heart" was crushing.

• Like 1