The 2021 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

Have y'all heard of Mel Stone? I just got into her music thanks to a friend. She's awesome. 

https://melstone.bandcamp.com/track/god-knows

That's my favorite song of hers. That EP came out last year (October 30) but I'm just now really getting into her work. She has a song called "Grounded" that's also really fucking good, about the experience of being a trans woman.

kind and quiet accommodations
a new narrow life of assimilation
dreaming of the person you thought you could be
conquered fear of death but terrified of living

how femme should i look how much makeup to wear
to get through the day without sneering and stares
i just want a life i don't have to fight for

there's enough beauty love light and good in this world
to stick around
they can keep screaming and shame me but i'll keep my name
til they put me in the ground

The first time I heard that it gave me chills. 

18 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Human Impact are releasing new material along with some of their singles from last year. I think its all available digitally but hard copy of the album is out in August.

I tried listening to Human Impact a few months ago. I suppose I should have liked them because all of them have been in bands I like, but I just didn't care much for their music. I'll still listen to their new material but I just feel this won't be for me.

Chez Kane's debut album is wonderful cheese. If you like everything 80s rock, then its the album for you. Elements of Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Heart, Motley Crue and Def Leppard all mixed into a giant cheesy stirring pot. There's even a very 'of the era' sax solo in the opening track. 

Good news, My Bloody Valentine are back on streaming sites with the addition of their last album MBV.

Bad news, Kevin Shields is a massive tease and after years of speculation, says the band is planning on recording soon - rather than actually releasing anything new.

• Like 1

fucking Warner Brothers holding the rights to their music prevents US residents from ordering the vinyl reissues by Domino (or the 2CD collection of the EPs). We can get m b v, though, so I guess that's something.

The Lil Nas X music video is definitely a music video that exists. I am entertained that is for sure. 

On 19/03/2021 at 07:41, RPS said:

Darkside, the project of Nicolas Jaar and David Harrington, are releasing a new album. They released a song for their new album at the end of 2020.

This song is so great. I put off listening to it because I wanted to listen to it with the whole album, but I cracked last night and listened to it. I have listened to it 5 times since. The slow atmospheric build up in the song and the pay off of the guitar solo is life. Their first album Psychic is a must hear and I am thinking their new album is going to be exceptional as well. 

Also new album out 7/23!

• Like 1

The new Liquid Tension Experiment album is fun. Anyone into prog should give it a go. 

• Like 1

Aaron Lewis from Staind has a new song out. It is very bad. If you thought the conservatism and pandering on his last solo country was bad this song is all I LOVE MY COUNTRY LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ISN’T IT SAD THEY’RE TEARING DOWN CONFEDERATE STATUES. By the way, Aaron Lewis is from Massachusetts. 

4 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

That Illumanti Hotties is legit, never heard them before but definitely digging more into that. Nice share!

yes! I'd definitely recommend their mixtape from last year "FREE I.H." its more in line with this sound than their debut album "Kiss Yr Frenemies"

• Like 1