Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

1 hour ago, Colly said:

V A fucking shite more like.

It's not VAR though again, is it? VAR has given them multiple angles and slow motion replays and they've still jaffed the decision. That's not the fault of the system.

3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

It's not VAR though again, is it? VAR has given them multiple angles and slow motion replays and they've still jaffed the decision. That's not the fault of the system.

It's literally the VAR who was working that game, Peter Bankes. He's the one who said it needed reviewing, he's the one who selected the angle and the amount of time the on field ref saw giving him no context for what Balbuena actually did and what Chilwell didn't. It might not be a fault of the system but it's certainly a VAR issue.

The method still isn't right though, the ref overturns his original decision a huge proportion of the time when challenged to do so, by the time it goes to the monitor there's no accountability for either ref. The VAR stays safely out of sight and the on field ref gets half a story and no time to process it under pressure, leading to a worse decision than he'd made on the field.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Colly said:

I still find it ridiculous that Chelsea let Salah and De Bruyne go. I know players slip through the net, but you wouldn't find many arguments against them being the best players in the league over the last few years.

Jose Mourinho masterclass.

5 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/woodward-john-henry-unearthly-whatsapp-messages

Pair of cunts, and the two clubs who really want to breakaway in this country. Awful.

I'd rephrase that as the owners/executives who really want to breakway in this country. Just because again none of the playing staff, fans etc wanted it or want it in general. I view it more as John Henry and pals wanting to breakway rather than my club as a whole. 

It doesn't surprise me though they had their little WhatsApp messages (I still find it mad we had a quote from one of the Glazers on the club website) and I still don't know how they come back from this in terms of trust with the supporters. They've done loads of fuck ups and there has always been the FSG out crowd, I just hope fans for a lot of the teams don't forget what their clubs have done. I just also hope it's not a case of they go let's just spend loads of money and that'll shut them up. 

• Like 1

There's no difference at this point between the clubs and the owners. They are one and the same. Until such a time as fan control or outside control or some kind of control is in effect at those clubs, the Glazers are Manchester United, John Henry and FSG are Liverpool, and vice versa.

• Like 1

Our lack of strength in depth is worrying, particularly in the attaching third. A couple of players out and we're a different side, desperately need an 8 and a 10 if we want to kick on, arguably another winger. Tyler Roberts is just not premier league quality and as much as I don't tend to question Bielsa, I do not get what he sees in him at all.

12 hours ago, Cymbols said:

That’s the best we’ve played since Grealish got injured. Really pleased with that one.

That first half was one of the best halfs of football I've watched in the Prem this season. Was so back and forth could have been several goals for either team. 

Cracking finish for the second goal too