Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I'd maintained to my mate that despite us being shit for the better part of what's now going on 10 years, it'll feel even sweeter when we finally do manage to win the league again, like it must have felt for Liverpool fans last season.

But if the ESL becomes a thing, who cares?

• Like 2

it is amazing seeing how just... deflated people are around things now as a result of the ESL debacle.

I was playing Football Manager for a bit during the first half :shifty:

Feel bad for the players and coaching staff though. They didn't ask for and weren't consulted in this and now they and have to be the public faces of it.

• Like 1

I think Bielsa has summed it up pretty perfectly:

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to Sky Sports: "This doesn't surprise me. The most superior teams have managed their superiority through competition. When they no longer need them to win money they discard what they no longer need. This is a very common thing, not only in football. It shouldn't surprise us.

"The fundamental problem is the rich always aspire to be more rich without considering the consequences for the rest. As they gain more power they start demanding more privilege over the rest.

"The most powerful are powerful because of what they bring but the rest are dispensable. What makes competition great is the possibility for one of those weak teams to develop, not the big teams playing each other. But the logic of the world at the moment and in football is not outside this - that the powerful become more rich as a consequence of the weak becoming more poor. If this was is what guides the world at the moment why is there such astonishment. This shouldn't surprise us. It was something that was coming."

• Like 4

A draw isn't bad for Liverpool, I think?

if it even matters anymore

Although they probably should've scored at least 2

again, even if it matters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

:wub:

Is Mason going to become the youngest ever PL head coach/manager?

By over two years, yes. The previous record belonging to Attilio Lombardo who was 32 when in charge of Crystal Palace. Chris Coleman is third, Vialli fourth and Villas-Boas fifth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

You start feeling old when you’re older than the average player, but managers too now? Man, time to move into a home.

When Daryl Murphy left Newcastle I was suddenly older than the entire squad. Depressing. Might hang my boots up.

27 minutes ago, Colly said:

When Daryl Murphy left Newcastle I was suddenly older than the entire squad. Depressing. Might hang my boots up.

Just checked this for my age and yes, I am older than the entire Newcastle squad as well. By a couple of years. Yikes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, damshow said:

I turn to dust every time I am reminded what year Jude Bellingham was born in.

In my mind, people born in the 2000s are in diapers. It's amazing to think most college kids were born this century.

4 minutes ago, Twist said:

Just checked this for my age and yes, I am older than the entire Newcastle squad as well. By a couple of years. Yikes.

Did the same. I knew I was going to be older than all of them. I'm aware of my age but still, I'm 7 years older than fuckin' Andy Carroll and he's been around forever. I did not need to know this.

Our opponents on Saturday, Shrewsbury, brought an 18-year-old academy graduate on in the second half. He was born in November of 2002, and I've never felt older. I'd already been going to football for more than three years when this lad was born.

I guess it happens to us all - my dad has been watching entire teams decades younger than him for years, but of course that wasn't always the case!