NFL 2020

Lineker

3 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Gesicki is great, glad Tua's starting to use him more often. It looked hooooorrible when he got dumped on his head and had to go off. I hope his shoulder isn't too serious as he's our best offensive player.

Was a weird game against the Chiefs, going 10-0 up, then giving up 30 points before going 17-3 after that. 3 interceptions against Mahomes (who'd only had 2 all season until then) and four sacks shows that our D Line and secondary are top notch, but he's a great QB with a lot of weapons and the punt return and safety hurt us.

Howard has interceptions in NINE straight games now, he's amazing.

One more draft (O-Line, RB, WRs) and an off season and I think our rebuild should be pretty much done.

And you've got like 37 picks in the draft, too.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

So who's going to tell Cleveland's defensive coordinator you need to play zone in order to stop Lamar's legs?

Apparently his legs will stop themselves sometimes.

*Slaps on Scorpion Deathlock*

I didn't watch the game (wasn't home for most of it), but what happened? Did both teams start their third string defenses, and give their first strings the night off?

Oh, and some good news: This will be the first time since 2008 that the Patriots haven't won their division. The Dolphins won it that year...and the Patriots won it for 5 before that. The Patriots had the longest division winning streak in NFL history, and the next longest isn't even half of that.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, damshow said:

That game was also Scorigami. Courtesy of the safety because 45-42 has happened before.

I'm a simple man.  I love me a good Scorigami

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

*Slaps on Scorpion Deathlock*

I didn't watch the game (wasn't home for most of it), but what happened? Did both teams start their third string defenses, and give their first strings the night off?

Oh, and some good news: This will be the first time since 2008 that the Patriots haven't won their division. The Dolphins won it that year...and the Patriots won it for 5 before that. The Patriots had the longest division winning streak in NFL history, and the next longest isn't even half of that.

The Browns committed to not stopping the run for most of the game and the Ravens committed to not stopping the pass for most of the game (made worse once their secondary started dropping like flies due to injury). It was a very strange game.

Also the turf in Cleveland was a horror show and Trace McSorley blew out his knee thanks to it.

The league where I was making an unexpected late playoff push, pulled off my 5th straight win to go to 8-6, including a big week 14 win over a team ahead of me who also fell to 8-6.

But Yahoo’s default tiebreaker is points scored and so my opponent still got to go to the playoffs instead of me, all because he by scored 7 more points than me on the season.  My undoing ended up being D’Andre Swift over Kareem Hunt in the flex, but not one ranking list would’ve disagreed with that move so whatever.

Seems fairly ridiculous that head to head isn’t the default tiebreaker.  Public leagues suck.

1 hour ago, B-li Manning said:

The league where I was making an unexpected late playoff push, pulled off my 5th straight win to go to 8-6, including a big week 14 win over a team ahead of me who also fell to 8-6.

But Yahoo’s default tiebreaker is points scored and so my opponent still got to go to the playoffs instead of me, all because he by scored 7 more points than me on the season.  My undoing ended up being D’Andre Swift over Kareem Hunt in the flex, but not one ranking list would’ve disagreed with that move so whatever.

Seems fairly ridiculous that head to head isn’t the default tiebreaker.  Public leagues suck.

For me, points scored should always be the tie-breaker as it rewards consistancy over the course of the whole season vs 1 particular week's performance, which could have been more down to luck than anything.  When I gave my league the option between the two, the vote to switch from H2H to points scored was unanimous for this reason. 

• Like 1