NFL 2020

Lineker

The Rams do a lot of dink & dunk but their Defense obviously makes them tough to beat. I don't know if their Offense is quite firing at this point to look like real Super Bowl contenders but they're definitely going to be in the hunt.

I think they'll win the NFC West at least.

If I was predicting the Play Offs now I'd probably go:

NFC: Saints, Packers, Rams, Giants, Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals

AFC: Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Titans, Browns, Dolphins, Colts

That NFC configuration if only for the prospect of the losing record Giants dumping Brady out of the Play Offs in hilarious fashion. Although the odds of both NYG and the Cards making it is probably not good since we still have to play one another.

Packers over Nola for the NFC Championship and Chiefs over Buffalo for the AFC. Chiefs to win it all again.

Don't the Saints have the Chiefs around week 16? If Brees isn't back by then, that'll be the game to see if Hill + NO system is enough for them to still be considered a favourite I think.  He's 3-0 at QB, though it was against the Falcons twice, sandwiching the Broncos.

8 hours ago, Lint said:

So for what it's worth the league, nor most infectious disease experts, see something like this as a serious risk. Basically the big risk is masks down in the team facility (or locker rooms) for an extended period of time. Not that this is zero risk but it's about the same risk as standing next to a bare-noser in a grocery store aisle while you try to figure out what pasta sauce is going to be most affordable for you. Not a ton of transmission has happened that way.

What blew up the Ravens was a strength coach who was infected (with symptoms and not reporting them, fucking idiot) coming into the facility, working closely with multiple players, not wearing his mask regularly, and taking off his tracking device at times. Basically created a situation where for the first few days they couldn't trace anything and since infected players were in close company on game day and the day after the game it just spiraled from there.

It's why there's been a lot of one-off cases. Players wearing their masks and their tracking devices at most or all times. Easy to see who a close contact is and to pull them aside for additional testing and isolation.

Basically I don't think we'll see any cases out of this situation with Dez Bryant. It's actually good overall that the testing facility is so close to the stadium and team facilities. And that they're efficient. Most of the league's teams wouldn't know about Dez's positive until this morning.

Also. Fun game! Hard to get too excited about the team looking pretty good against a shitshow defense like Dallas though. Only Mike Nolan would, on a 4th & 2, not have a single LB focus all their efforts on making sure Lamar Jackson doesn't break a run up the middle.

2 hours ago, damshow said:

Only Mike Nolan would, on a 4th & 2, not have a single LB focus all their efforts on making sure Lamar Jackson doesn't break a run up the middle.

LOUDER FOR THE ONES IN THE BACK

Bye, 2020. You were such a piece of shit.

Just now, LL. said:

LOUDER FOR THE ONES IN THE BACK

Bye, 2020. You were such a piece of shit.

All season the Ravens have failed to run that exactly play and have gotten way too cute and try to run it outside. There's always a LB whose entire job is to cover up the hole made for Lamar. They're willing to risk a pass behind the LB to make sure they don't get beat by Lamar putting on the jets.

So I was actually stunned we called a designed run for Lamar to be honest. More stunned that Vander Esch kindly got out of his way.