NFL 2020

Lineker

Just now, damshow said:

Tennessee needs to address special teams. It'll undo them again this season.

It was pretty wild how that shank of a punt, blocked punt, and missed FG just 100% completely swung the game in Indy's favor by 3 scores.

And also, I understand the notion that Derrick Henry is TEN's top runner but he is such a dangerous weapon and I couldn't quite grasp how he got stapled to the bench after the titans went so far behind.

Just now, JMarushin said:

It was pretty wild how that shank of a punt, blocked punt, and missed FG just 100% completely swung the game in Indy's favor by 3 scores.

And also, I understand the notion that Derrick Henry is TEN's top runner but he is such a dangerous weapon and I couldn't quite grasp how he got stapled to the bench after the titans went so far behind.

He is useless in the passing game frankly, it's why McNichols was out there for the check down. Allows for a quicker offense to run. They needed quick strikes which they obviously didn't get. It was clear their hope was to score on a high-tempo passing attack, force a 3 & out, and then blow through the defense with Henry, try to force another 3 & out, go for the tying FG for the win.

Honestly Vrabel planned it out well but it looks really bad since they couldn't get past step one.

50 minutes ago, damshow said:

He is useless in the passing game frankly, it's why McNichols was out there for the check down. Allows for a quicker offense to run. They needed quick strikes which they obviously didn't get. It was clear their hope was to score on a high-tempo passing attack, force a 3 & out, and then blow through the defense with Henry, try to force another 3 & out, go for the tying FG for the win.

Honestly Vrabel planned it out well but it looks really bad since they couldn't get past step one.

Is he so useless he can't run a screen route or a middle pop out type of deal?

59 minutes ago, damshow said:

I suppose, they rarely use him in those plays. He averages about 1 rec per game.

Hmm I just assumed that they'd want to try and get the ball in his hands anyway possible. Checked his college stats and yeah he really wasn't a prolific pass catcher out of the backfield or anything.