NFL 2020

Lineker

Welcome to the Season is Officially Over club San Francisco.  If its any consolation, your 4-4 record would have you in first place in the NFC East.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I know they're 4-4 but being proactive and getting a couple good picks for some players (like they did with Kwon Alexander) is probably the right idea. Just way too many injuries. 8-8 ain't gonna cut it this year.

Yeah I'm not sure who else would really be on the table, though really. Most of the roster is hurt!

1 hour ago, LL. said:

It's just great to see that Jimmy G has really worked out. 

Had any Brady backup panned out after leaving NE?

7 minutes ago, Lint said:

Had any Brady backup panned out after leaving NE?

I feel like he's the one that came out with most hype because of the heavy rumors that he was favorable to Brady prior to his departure. 

I think leading a team to a Super Bowl isn't too bad of an accomplishment. It obviously wasn't all on him but it's telling how bad the team has been without him in the lineup.

That said, I'm thinking he's probably about done with the team unless he takes a massive pay cut. They have a lot of players to pay and they probably won't be able to justify paying him $26M when they can cut him loose and save $24M. 

4 hours ago, livid said:

I think leading a team to a Super Bowl isn't too bad of an accomplishment. It obviously wasn't all on him but it's telling how bad the team has been without him in the lineup.

That said, I'm thinking he's probably about done with the team unless he takes a massive pay cut. They have a lot of players to pay and they probably won't be able to justify paying him $26M when they can cut him loose and save $24M. 

It's an interesting situation. Who steps in to replace him? I know there's the occasional Aaron Rodgers rumors but that's both a short-term as well as a very expensive replacement. I'm in the camp thinking as their season appears to be spiraling out of control they're taking a QB in the first round, but what if they miss out on the ones they want? 

I feel like when things are going well Brady and Arians get along great but when things aren’t working out they get super pissy at each other