NFL 2020

Lineker

• Admin

Jimmy G gets taken out of the game hurt (yet again) and all of a sudden the 49ers are back in the game, having previously been underwater in Seattle.

I mean, the Seahawks will still win, but I'm thinking that San Francisco go all in for Aaron Rodgers once the Packers indicate they're moving onto Love.

Ronnie Stanley out for the season and Marlon Humphrey has Covid. Humphrey played yesterday on a negative test but the sample taken on Sunday came back positive today. Needless to say that's going to affect both the Ravens and Steelers.

Also a "when it rains it pours" feeling in Baltimore right now, which fortunately is a hallmark of their past 2 Super Bowl seasons. Both involved devastating losses at home to Pittsburgh. Give me this. It's been a rough week.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

He broke everything in his ankle. Absolutely devastating. They say he'll be ready for 2021 but this is one of those injuries that just has "lingering effects" written all over it.

On the only bright side, he signed that contract and locked in his guarantee at least. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and comes back as dominant as ever, though.

39 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

On the only bright side, he signed that contract and locked in his guarantee at least. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and comes back as dominant as ever, though.

Yeah I was talking with my friends about it how had the contract not been finalized before the injury the potential mess that would have occurred. It's really hard to see a guy, even as truly great as Stanley is, have an injury like that and go "yep, let's lock him up for 5 years".

Hoping that modern sports medicine keeps up its streak of miracle recoveries.