NFL 2020

Lineker

57 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

The ball is in your court, Jets. Time to hire another white re-hash who has proven he’s not worth the position. Jeff Fischer or Matt Patricia perhaps? Don’t hire Eric Bieniemy or anything.

I've heard/read grumblings that dropping down to the 2nd pick is likely to really hurt that place as a destination. Jacksonville, especially since both GM and HC are going to be open, is viewed as the top job. Only thing that probably keeps Bieniemy away from there is if the gears slowly turn on finding a GM and he doesn't want to wait it out. If that happens I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Cincy or Houston.

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

The ball is in your court, Jets. Time to hire another white re-hash who has proven he’s not worth the position. Jeff Fischer or Matt Patricia perhaps? Don’t hire Eric Bieniemy or anything.

Or Bill Cowher! 

Seriously, fans of really shitty franchises have been clamoring for him since the day he left Pittsburgh. Time to leave that pipedream behind everybody. 

On the topic of coaching candidates and vacancies, espn has a neat little look at things. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30537412/play-matchmaker-nfl-head-coach-carousel-make-your-pick-texans-lions-falcons-jobs

Saleh seems the most appealing for Detroit in my view. But I'd also be happy to give Bienimy the job.

I suspect Greg Roman's ship may have sailed (again), but Ravens DC Wink Martindale would be a great HC candidate. No idea how he'll actually do as a HC but he's led a top 10 defense for 3 years and has coached in the Ravens org for years. Players love him and the Ravens have historically put a focus on developing their assistants into being good HCs... Or at least good candidates.

1 minute ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I hope Bieniemy goes to Houston. BOB screwed that franchise up but that roster is still talented and a mind like his with a QB like Watson could be fun to watch.

I'd love to see him with Watson or Hurts, but Philly ain't doing anything with Doug or Howie and I'm sure you and many others here would also not love to see him with Hurts lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, damshow said:

I've heard/read grumblings that dropping down to the 2nd pick is likely to really hurt that place as a destination. Jacksonville, especially since both GM and HC are going to be open, is viewed as the top job. Only thing that probably keeps Bieniemy away from there is if the gears slowly turn on finding a GM and he doesn't want to wait it out. If that happens I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Cincy or Houston.

lol Mike Brown ain't gonna change coaches for another 10 years.  Houston could definitely be the place for Bieniemy though, would love to see him work with Watson.

He's still floated about a bit, but I think the talking heads only have room for one college to NFL rumor a year and Pat Fitzgerald has started dominating that discussion.

Riley is turning into David Shaw where be didn't strike while the iron was hot so the hype has died down. Won't stop a team from hiring him though, but Kingsbury being only okay surely gives people pause as well.