NFL 2020

Lineker

• Admin

ESPN: Barnwell projects offseason QB dominoes: Three scenarios, including Darnold staying in New York

The Detroit Lions are now on the interim to their interim head coach, as Darrell Bevell will not coach Saturday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers due to COVID-19 protocols, the team announced Thursday.

The Lions will move wide receivers coach Robert Prince into the head coach role and turn playcalling duties over to quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan, who has never been a playcaller at any level.

On defense, coordinator Cory Undlin and all three primary position coaches -- Bo Davis (defensive line), Ty McKenzie (linebackers) and Steve Gregory (defensive backs) -- also will not coach Saturday due to COVID-19 protocols.

Head coach assistant Evan Rothstein will serve as the defensive playcaller against the Buccaneers. Ty Warren, David Corrao and Tony Carter will handle the defensive line, linebackers and defensive backs, respectively.

The only other time a team had three head coaches in one season was the 1978 New England Patriots. Chuck Fairbanks was suspended one game for a contract breach, so Hank Bullough and Ron Erhardt were co-head coaches in Week 16 before Fairbanks returned for the playoffs.

8 hours ago, Santa Brady said:

League being inconsistent and biased towards certain teams in punishment? :o

I'm assuming the player who spit on another player was a white person because then the fine makes perfect sense!

Can’t be mad at taking Cook over Kamara given Cook’s outperformed him this season.  That said, my team was so ridiculously stacked I’d almost certainly still be in the finals anyway had I picked Kamara instead.  Maybe not go 13-1 like I did, but close.

Instead I let Kamara go to the defending league champion right after me and now he’s gonna repeat.  Ah well.

Giving up 4 TDs to old Tom Brady (where was that last week asshole?) not so terrible.  Giving up two garbage time TDs to Blaine Gabbert whooooo boy that’s bad