NFL 2020

Lineker

It’s no secret I was mad when the Giants took Daniel Jones.  I really wanted LB Josh Allen.  But I did say if they were gonna go QB I preferred Haskins.

Boy am I glad they didn’t listen to me on that one.  Not that I’m particularly happy with Jones but watching Haskins play he seemed like a whole other wave of terrible.  Like nothing to work with even if you wanted to develop him.  No accuracy, arm isn’t particularly strong, no pocket presence, little to no mobility.

5 hours ago, Buschie Lee said:

This.  LT always used the be viewed as the more important position to protect the QB’s blindside but metrics nowadays have largely supported that both tackle positions are equally important.  Especially with more and more teams having their best edge rusher line up across from the RT to try to exploit the matchup.

Plus if you are like the Ravens and your all-world LT gets hurt you can slide your Pro Bowl RT over in his place.

• Like 3

Last night was a total disaster.  Quarterback play was dreadful.  Can't stop the run.  The secondary got exposed as overrated.  They looked like a team that should be 3-13.

There's so many holes in this roster, I don't know where to begin.  I just hope with all the cap space and the opt outs, there can be a quick turnaround next year.  And maybe Bill won't draft like shit again.

Pats will get a small heap of players back next year that opted out for this one, so the situation might not quite be so dire.

It's really not been talked about anywhere near as much how utter butt the Pats have been at drafting over the last 5 or so years. Impossible to keep up the string of success they saw for a decade-plus of course but they've had some of the very worst draft classes in the league.

Fortunately for them turnaround in the NFL takes like 2 seasons unless you're run by idiots.

5 hours ago, damshow said:

Diggs won some people their fantasy leagues last night. Unfortunately I was on the opposite end of that in a money league. Went into the night with a 16 pt lead, left it having lost by 17 pts.

Yep, same thing happened to my dad.

Meanwhile in my main league, I ended up scoring 186 points and still lost by 10.  I actually briefly took the lead from him even after the Kamara outburst on Friday.  Ultimately he won the league because he had TY Hilton in as his WR3 all week only to swap him out for CeeDee Lamb.  They were close on most ranking lists, he basically just decided that because he's a Cowboys fan, he wanted to root for his guy.  Lo and behold, he breaks out two long TDs and that's the difference right there.

Ah well.  The best team doesn't always win it all in fantasy.  I averaged 169 PPG between the regular season and playoffs, I'll never pull that off again.

1 hour ago, Buschie Lee said:

The best team doesn't always win it all in fantasy.  I averaged 169 PPG between the regular season and playoffs, I'll never pull that off again.

PREACH.