NFL 2020

Lineker

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Is Trevor Lawrence to Dallas hysteria now going to be a thing?

That would be a wildly irresponsible considering how abysmal this defense is and how fast the offensive line is deteriorating.

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:
  Hide contents

Obviously - disgusting trigger warning for the video of the Dak injury.

Calling it a "Can't Miss Play", even if it's how they brand all their highlight videos is... not very appropriate.

Having seen it, it's a blessing for the viewers he had his sock/pants to cover it, unlike Sid and Anderson Silva for example. How the hell he stayed so calm is incredible, sitting there and pointing at it like there was a rabbit by his feet or something.

I hope it's not too serious, both for his return and for his ability.

EDIT: Already being rushed to surgery, which is good in terms of the speed of it being looked at.

• Admin
Just now, damsher hatfield said:

If I recall from Alex Smith a big thing with compound fractures is the nature of the break. Hope it's one of those that can easily be repaired.

Yeah, I think a big part of it is whether the bone has broken the skin or not.

This uniform combination the Vikings and Seahawks are rocking...

45 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

I hope this stops people inexplicably hyping up the Giants defense even after an 0-4 start.  A complete fold by them when it mattered most, as per usual.

I was still holding out a slight glimpse of hope before the week and even with Dak starting this game. The Cowboys defense was rated so bad against the pass and we still couldn't do ANYTING. And when we did start to put something together we had it taken back by idiotic penalties.

The fact that the Giants can't trust Jones to throw past the first down marker, aside from a couple times, is beyond inexcusable. Last year Pat Shumur had Jones doing a lot of of imaginative things and all we can do now is dink and dunk and give an RB we just signed a majority of the carries like he's supposed to be Saquan.

I wasn't expecting much this season - and even less after the COVID training camp and no preseason - but if something doesn't change on offense (our QB hasn't thrown a TD in FOUR weeks) then we're going to have to make some serious changes this off-season.

Edited by DYSI

2 hours ago, DYSI said:

I wasn't expecting much this season - and even less after the COVID training camp and no preseason - but if something doesn't change on offense (our QB hasn't thrown a TD in FOUR weeks) then we're going to have to make some serious changes this off-season.

It's a tricky situation because despite being 0-5, they were serious in four of these games, three of them right up until the end.  They've showed a lot of fight, which is a credit to Judge.  But there's a clear lack of talent and that falls on Gettleman.

Just watching Andrew Thomas get mauled these last five weeks...fuck.  I was high on him and he was considered to be the best pure pass blocker in the class.  I know he's only played five games but damn.  Give him the year but if this keeps up it's a bad sign.  Offensive tackle is one of the few positions where you can very quickly figure out if someone can handle this level.  Tackles rarely improve.

Gettleman obviously needs to go and as each week passes I have no doubt he will be "retiring", but I don't know what will ultimately happen to Judge.  Conventional wisdom is that tying a new GM to the current coach doesn't start the new GM off on the right foot, and it'll limit your candidate pool from the get go.  Thing is though, are there any hotshot GM candidates that would actually want this Giants job?  It's going to be a massive rebuild.

I almost want to say that if the Maras are as high on Judge as they claim to be, or if he's really as highly touted in NFL circles as reporters and broadcasters claim he is...maybe just let him have an active role in picking the new GM.  Sounds batshit to give someone with five games experience that much clout but the alternative is a fifth full-time head coach in seven seasons.

Seriously