Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I think part of the reason 3 of us had picked Denmark as semifinalists in the predictor this year is because of all the disciplined, "stick to a plan" sides they were the best. Granted a lot of that appeal was Eriksen being involved, but nevertheless they've performed quite well without him.

I don't envision them playing well from behind but as long as they can stick to their plan it's not going to be easy for England (or hypothetically Italy). Yes Denmark probably won't win but they will all but certainly make it nervous for England.

I have been very surprised how Denmark have been able to switch formations during a game (like against Wales). We didnt do that stuff back when Olsen was running the national team

I love the hyper-dramatic ESPN pre-game videos that are always narrated by celebrities but it's funny watching one where the premise is "both teams have faced immeasurable hardships" and the hardship on one side is unimaginable horror and the other is "England fizzle out of tournaments a lot."

Just now, Bobfoc said:

Matterface got the lyrics wrong.

He also said "semi finals don't happen very often" because apparently the only tournaments that take place in the world are international football ones.

I miss Clive Tyldsley.

• Like 3

Based on this tournament I would be very happy for Vestergaard to move to Spurs this summer.

I love sarcasm as much as anyone, but I really don't like it when listening to football commentator. It seems to be the only thing Dixon has to offer.

Hey, that's a goal from a free kick!