Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

Refs falling for everything mind, never a foul on the keeper there. Should be about 10 minutes left.

Fuck off Keown.

Is that who said play acting to run down the clock was "all part of the game"? It's literally against the most basic rules. :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Is that who said play acting to run down the clock was "all part of the game"? It's literally against the most basic rules. :lol:

Yup. Honestly the sooner they bring in 30 minute halves with the clock stopping the better. Could have been 10 minutes of injury time.

Belgium were very naïve those final 15/20 minutes. After having that glorious chance Lukaku missed. Just giving away silly fouls. Very seasoned and mature performance from Italy there. 

Was a good game of football. Bit fuming thought that there wasn't more offsides for my bet however. 

15 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Belgium made that really, really easy for Italy in the final stretch. I have no idea what Martinez was doing tactically.

This is Roberto Martinez. He will never change.

I honestly feel that this Belgium side has been wasted on an inferior manager. He gets his teams playing lovely pretty stuff does Martinez, but it has no edge and ultimately it is easy to outwit this sort of team. Italy did a number on Belgium in that second half and proved they were cleverer than them. Belgium did not play to Lukaku's strengths and over-relied on their "skill" players. Now they're out.

I could've said everything in that paragraph 5 years ago about his Everton side. I dare say plenty of it could apply to Wigan too. He seems a nice bloke but Martinez has dined out on the FA Cup win and the reputation he built at Swansea for far too long.

I predicted Italy to win the tournament before a ball was kicked and I haven't seen anything to sway me elsewhere yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Yikes, this is a rough one.

That's a gutter. He's been so exciting to watch...now he has so much work to do just to get back to square one fitness. I hope he is able to recover enough to rejoin his squadmates at least and support them the rest of the way. :crying:

I think we should be admiring his bravery and willingness to celebrate with the team, despite what must have been severe pain. :shifty:

Heaven knows there was nothing else to admire about his performance last night,

• Like 1